Twin Turbo Idea(Remote Activated Turbo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
not to hijack but I saw a procharger setup with an AC Clutch on it. Power on demand if you ask me.....didnt do work till you flipped the switch. ALso had dual fuel setups with a 2 way valve higher octane under boost. pretty nuts....I think the guy is a genius.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
any pics that sounds cool as hell

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
Im workin on it....he is a relative of my best friend can remember if its an uncle or what. Telly ou the truth I cant even remember what car it was in. Ive seen dual fuel systems in a green nova that I think hot rod built for the pump gas drags.....that thing was nasty and it did the whole power tour. ITs called the super sleeper nova http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/ ... to_18.html
pump gas is delivered through the stock tank while there is a race fuel cell in the trunk with some high octane.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
a smaller turbo spools faster and runs more efficiently, so 2 small ones instead of one large one. and if you have 2 500cfm turbos instead of 1 850cfm you obviously have more air. (i know the cfm numbers are bogus, i just picked 2 numbers to demonstrate.)

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
foxtrot_lima_bravo said:
I'd like to see 25 lbs. of boost!

I've run up to 18, anything more than that is really tough!

It can be done with race gas or E85 if you have big enough injectors. Alcohol Injection could also get you to 25 lbs of boost.

bobcat

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Keep it simple. The potential problems with your initial proposal make me shudder.

For the price of two small turbos for the twin setup (unless they're JY parts) you can get a good ball-bearing single that will put a smile on your face every time you drive. Manifolds can be welded up from schedule 40 pipe fittings and homemade flanges. Mount the turbo under the hood and eliminate the oil pump. Run a standalone EFI like Megasquirt on a used TPI manifold. The money (and headaches!) saved can go toward having the plumbing done professionally.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
fodoimp said:
not to hijack but I saw a procharger setup with an AC Clutch on it. Power on demand if you ask me.....didnt do work till you flipped the switch. ALso had dual fuel setups with a 2 way valve higher octane under boost. pretty nuts....I think the guy is a genius.

That really does sound cool. I hope you get some more info or pics on it. Im not even going the twin turbo route anymore. Well at least not with this car. I think I'll wait till I get a fuel injected vehicle. Got the bbb to worry bout now. It will just be stock with cam and intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor