Two nipple EVAP/Fuel Vapor Charcoal Canister

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Who makes em? After an hour of searching, I've come up with nothing. Need one to replace the one in my regal since mine got wet and the charcoal is ruined. I know you can "refresh" them, but that looks to be just too much hassle. Could I get one from any other 70s-80s GM car? Gotta have two nipples. One was to the carb and the other to the vapor return line to the tank.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
There is one floating around that is number CP1017, but that has two nipples stacked on top of eachother and another one off to the side that says AIR and has a plug. What's that for? Could I use that in place of my old one without issue?

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
From what I was told they are no longer made by anyone.

I needed a new one myself and I decided to refill it. Cannot remember what car blogs or forum had the instructions how to do it. You can just google it. I made a small cut on the plastic at the bottom to allow the old charcoal out. Bought some charcoal at Walmart in the pet dept and it went in fine. Found a new foam filter for the canister bottom on Rock Auto and it worked fine. No more gas smell from my engine compartment.

I would give it a try. I was in the same situation as you and frustrated I could not find a new one anywhere. Finally gave in and restored my original one and I am glad I did. Only cost a few dollars and stopped the gas smell I mentioned earlier.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I purchased one from my local Napa store about five years ago. Maybe your local Napa has one sitting on the parts shelf behind the counter?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yeah CP1017, that's the other one I linked too. I don't know if it would behave differently, having a different (third) nipple. It says AIR, so maybe it draws in outside air to help push the fuel vapors into the motor instead of having that valve? If so, despite it being cheaper to rebuild mine, I might just say screw it and pick this one up. I hope I don't have to hook something from the AIR injection crap into it. That is long gone on my car.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The port with the square cap is like a vent. There is nothing to connect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor