UCA & LCA Suspension input needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Greg

n00b
Aug 31, 2015
Hello,

I'm working on a non-standard build, I am using a 5th gen G-body frame under a 1941 Chevy Coupe. The frame fits nicely under the car as the wheel base is with in a inch of the original length (excluding the frame rail ends, which get chopped off). Currently, I have the ride height set at where I would like it to be, which is low. I want to going to go with coil-over's instead of airbags. Once I set the ride height, I'm not interested in really changing it. I do plan going with a tubular UCA & LCA, but I have to figure out how to correct my positive camber issue, and looking for a shorter UCA.

I have read a lot of forums about swapping suspension parts between A, B, and maybe F Body cars. My primary question, is there any source that compares the differences between the LCA & UCA's from the A, B, G, F body makes? Mainly lengths (as it sounds like the mounting points are the same)? And which spindles are the shortest?

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_2693.jpg
    IMG_2693.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 218
G body uppers are offset 1 1/4". The F body uppers are equal length. The B body uppers are longer than the G body uppers. UMI has tubular uppers and perhaps they could made a custom set for the length you need. UB machine makes different length upper control arms but they are very hard to deal with.

Reactions: Mr. Greg
Here are some rule of thumb stock measurements:

G-Body - 11 1/8 upper, 19 1/4 lower, If you use rod ends or roto-joints on the adjustable lower you can be from 18 3/8" to 20 1/4" range

F-Body - 19 1/4" lower

A-Body - 1964-1967- 12 15/16" upper
1968-1972- 10 1/4" upper
22" Lower

B-Body - 11 1/4" upper
22" lower

Mustang - 17 5/8" lower

If you need something give me a call, we might be able to help you out with what you need.

Craig

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: drogg1 and Mr. Greg
Thanks both for your input!

I am working on tying in custom body mount brackets to use the factory body bushing points on the frame. Once I get the body bolted down to the frame and know exactly where its sitting, I will send you a private message Craig. I am definitely interested in some help, so I get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor