Uh, about EV battery fires ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I used to set up the Nissan leaf stuff, they had a model of a typical city, parking lots are to have charging mats installed under the blacktop, so you car charges like a cell phone mat works, I don’t see that all working.
I don’t see any Leafs on the road? 🤔

The Hellcat and Demon are wondering why the e-COPOs can't go rounds?

PXL_20210621_233554031.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Do ev owners pay a road tax and do they also have to pay for charging when plugged in but not at their house?

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Do ev owners pay a road tax and do they also have to pay for charging when plugged in but not at their house?
My money says you won't find a road tax anywhere because they don't want to discourage adoption.

One place I used to live about 5 years ago was one of those areas where people have more money than sense and adopt things like evs long before proven as early as possible because they want to brag about being do-gooder-ecoweenies.

Places like shopping plazas had a handful of parking spots marked ev-only located closer to the doors than handicapped spots (I guess they were making up for the mental handicaps of the owners) with charging stations. I looked at one walking in one time and it had a card reader like a gas pump.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

Some states pay an increased yearly registration tax for battery vehicles but federally no, there is no mileage based road useage equivalency tax.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Whatever happened to the Stanley Steamer? There's a guy in this area has a service by that name, will come clean your carpet. Not many of the cars on the road, though.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Whatever happened to the Stanley Steamer? There's a guy in this area has a service by that name, will come clean your carpet. Not many of the cars on the road, though.

What about a Cleveland Steamer?

Drew Carey Ohio GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
In Pa they drive tax free when it comes to road tax from what I've seen but they are looking at making everyone to pay a annual per mile driven tax of .03-.07 per mile driven to make it "fair".

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
In Pa they drive tax free when it comes to road tax from what I've seen but they are looking at making everyone to pay a annual per mile driven tax of .03-.07 per mile driven to make it "fair".
Bonus to old cars - swap your odometer out every inspection

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor