Uh oh, progress of GNX-SS temporarily halted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake442 said:
broke1 said:
Blake442 said:
broke1 said:
They command a premium in price because they were the nicest,most luxurious,fastest,and lowest production G Body made besides prototypes and the the GNX.

Uh, between '86 and '87 alone, they built over 35,000 Turbo Buicks... :wink:

And mkiiisupra, keep up the good work! Glad you caught your problem and are fixing it before it turned into a catastrophe!

Tell me what G Body had lower production numbers then??

Thats right,you cant because they were the lowest produced.....

I can, and I've got plenty of free time, so I think I will... I'll even cite my sources.
I like your comment on how it was more like 31xxx...
THAT'S STILL A SHITLOAD OF CARS! I fail to see how that makes them rare.

I had lumped the GN with the rest of the Turbo Buicks, but for the sake of this, I'll separate them.

1987:
GN- 20,193
442- 4,208
Other Turbo Buicks- 7,397

That right there should be enough... But I'll keep going.

1986:
GN- 5,512
442- 4,273
OTB's- 2,384

1985:
GN- 2,102
442- 3,000
OTB's- 2,100

Should I keep going?

'79 H/O- 2499
'80 H/O- 1000
'83 H/O- 3001
'84 H/O- 3000-3500 (true number unknown)

'86 Monte SS AeroCoupe- 200
'87 Monte SS AeroCoupe- 6,052
'86 Pontiac 2+2 AeroCoupe- 1,225

So...
Combine all 3 years of 442, you have 11,481.
Combine all 4 years of H/O, you have 9,500-10,000.
Combine all 4 years of GN, and you have 29,807.

Total '84-'87 Turbo Buick production... 48,626...

All those are a lot fewer than your GN...
You're right. A GN is obviously the rarest G-body. :roll:

Looks to me like it's really the '86 Monte Aerocoupe, with only 200. Even fewer than the GNX at 547.

I suggest you find another place to puff your feathers out, as none of us here are impressed.

Sources:
http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/of442.htm
http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html
http://oldsjunction.classicoldsmobile.com/oldsfaq/ofhos.htm#HO 1979
http://www.montecarloss.com/86Aerocoupe.html

PWN'D!

Hmmmm broke1 looks like Blake just showed you that YOU need to check your numbers before you go telling other people that your stuff is the rarest out there. It definately looks like there were less 442's built than the grand national or turbo buicks. But i guess i still need to check my numbers huh?

Damn, didnt mean for my thread to be hijacked. I just wanted to state what was going on in the realm of my project. Anyway, update for may 31st. Got the driver side head gasket, head studs and head reinstalled and snugged down, still have to torque it. Tomorrow I will take care of that and start on the other side. Hopefully itll be back on the road by this weekend. We'll see. Also installed my oil, water, and volt gauge in the dash above the glove box as well. Ill get some pics tomorrow and post them up. And please dont hijack my thread and talk sh*t. Thats what PMs are for. 8)

broke1....go **** yourself...mkiiisupra you are doing a good job on this build. i wish i could get my body guy to make some progress!!

Nice that you might get it back on the road this weekend. My uncle came by for a BBQ today and looked at the Olds and said "Ah I see you just about have it done" :lol: The car is sitting in the exact spot it was when he helped haul it over here and has not been touched aside from a few of the weeds pulled.

On the plus side going to meet up with his brother on Tuesday about either a Muncie or Saginaw for it. 8)

congrats on the progress! My car sadly took a step back today when I thought it was taking no steps at all, glad to see one on the way to being done!

WOW! This is the first time I've read through this thread. (New born baby takes alot of my time). First of all mkiiisupra. Two thumbs up man, good project you got going there, keep us posted. And I agree with the small block as well. GNX clone, nice. I'm not here to jack your thread or argue with anybody (right now anyways :wink: lol). Can't a moderator go through this and give you your thread back???????

broke1 said:
86-blk442 said:
Blake442 said:
broke1 said:
They command a premium in price because they were the nicest,most luxurious,fastest,and lowest production G Body made besides prototypes and the the GNX.

Uh, between '86 and '87 alone, they built over 35,000 Turbo Buicks... :wink:

And mkiiisupra, keep up the good work! Glad you caught your problem and are fixing it before it turned into a catastrophe!

Yea arent there g-bodys out there with lower production numbers? Like the 442 and Hurst Olds ? :? Just a thought

The 442 replaced the Hurst Olds meaning they are the same cars....break down the #'s before you speak,for total production #'s in the G Body,MORE 442's were made since they started making them in 1978,and thats just the 442's.GN didnt come out till 1984.

And not over 35000 GN's made in 86-87.Try 31xxx.

dont forget about the 82 grand national.........if you want to get technical

broke1 said:

nicest - an opinion
most luxurious - that's what olds was for, not buick
fastest - yes
lowest production - I've seen a turbo v6 monte, also a turbo v6 aeroback/hatchback, that's not even counting hurst, 442, W-30, what about a few sbc350 G's made in mexico...

Keep up the cool project mkiiisupra

broke1 said:
First one ran 11.9's@121 100% stock on stock tires,much faster now.

At what altitude?

:bs:

even an E55 AMG is at best a mid 12 second car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor