Uh oh, progress of GNX-SS temporarily halted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhow... let's get back on topic now that the troll seems to have left. Good luck on your project, mkiiisupra, it's nice to see some progress on it.

custom442 said:
Every time I get some parts for my build I find another thing I didn't add on my list. My engine should've been in the car a month ago but it keeps prolonging itself ... :? :evil:

That's Murphys law for ya.

Re:

broke1 said:
Blake442 said:
broke1 said:
They command a premium in price because they were the nicest,most luxurious,fastest,and lowest production G Body made besides prototypes and the the GNX.

Uh, between '86 and '87 alone, they built over 35,000 Turbo Buicks... :wink:

And mkiiisupra, keep up the good work! Glad you caught your problem and are fixing it before it turned into a catastrophe!

Tell me what G Body had lower production numbers then??

Thats right,you cant because they were the lowest produced.....

What do you guys think happened to this doucher? My guess is he realized what a tool he is and ran one of his high dollar cars in the garage with the door closed. Either that or AIDS, as a result of unprotected gay sex with burly biker types.

Re:

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
He is NOT starting with a turbo 6 powered car to begin with! As a swap, it would be quite expensive to get all those used, 24 year old electronics parts (and wiring harnesses) to work well together in a swap application. As far as using a newer technology engine is concerned, I would put an LSX/6 speed swap in a G body before I would do a turbo 6 swap. I do not doubt the potential of the turbo 6, but I do not think it is a cost-effective swap into a more mundane car. I looked into it in 1996 when I did my car's swap, and decided the SBC was the best option. Also, a poorly maintained turbo 6 would likely need internal work at the kind of mileage a car of this age would normally have. The Buick 6's poor oil pump design is a well known issue, and back when these engines were common in the 90's, it was quite common for them to spin bearings due to lack of oil pressure caused by excessive timing cover wear. It may not have been as common in the turbo community due to the greater care most of these cars likely saw, but it is a common Buick V6 issue.

Also, turbo cars are quite pricey to buy. A serviceable example is usually around $10k, while a basic 2 door Regal is usually anywhere from free to $3500. A Chevy swap is VERY cheap too, and can be had for under $2,000 if you are lucky, know what you are doing and use used parts. Building an 11 second SBC G body is MUCH cheaper than building an 11 second Grand National when you factor in the purchase price of the car and all attending mods.

As for me, I am NOT a car snob. I really don't give a sh*t about heritage or correctness as long as something works from a technical standpoint. The purists can have their correctness, old technology and such. I prefer to combine whatever technologies I see fit to achieve the functionality I have planned.

85 Cutlass Brougham...YOU ARE THE MAN! if i had a brain that functioned 1/2 as well as yours does, i think id be rich. but since thats not the fact, im glad yer a moderator(sp?)
any way about the white car... its the SHIZA! the thing is, to me , if yer car was set on fire it would still be twice as good as my car(no offence to anyone whos car was recently set on fire)! please get er dun and make videos or pictars! PROGRESS IS BETTER THAN POONANY! well at least till i get laid... :rofl:

I really hope the doucher remark that squirrelmaster left wasnt directed at me, as I for one have done nothing to anyone and have always had the upmost respect for everyone on this board. So if someone has a problem with me or my cars, please feel free to pm me, but as for being a doucher or any other derogatory adjective, that for one, I am not. And who revived this thread, its almost a year old, geez...lol

mkiiisupra said:
I really hope the doucher remark that squirrelmaster left wasnt directed at me, as I for one have done nothing to anyone and have always had the upmost respect for everyone on this board. So if someone has a problem with me or my cars, please feel free to pm me, but as for being a doucher or any other derogatory adjective, that for one, I am not. And who revived this thread, its almost a year old, geez...lol

LMAO! I was just thinking the same thing. :wtf:
The comment certainly wasn't aimed at you mk, lol. Thread hijack or not, I like the way your fellow enthusiasts came to your defence. :itchy:
Great job btw, the car should be built for YOU not the masses. If someone doesn't like it, aw well. Thumbs up for taking the high road 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor