Unfortunate news

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Unfortunately on Thursday, I received this news, Katherine, marriedto her 24 years, together for 28 was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. My Wife came home early from fishing, that should is a big warning sign. She actually diagnosed herself as either Anemic or had Leukemia has been Anemic on and off for years, no such luck. Kind thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

• Sad
  • Friendly
Reactions: 18 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Sorry to her that man.
A couple weeks ago we went back down to FL to visit family. While we were there my mom felt an awkward pain in her ribs. She went to get looked at and turned out she also had ALL. She finished her first round of Chemo last week and finally got to go home. We are waiting on the results from her second biopsy. Hopefully it comes back good but it was definitely a tough battle. Stay strong she'll get through it!

Reactions: 2 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Prayers sent

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Damn, so sorry to hear that Christian. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and her. Fingers crossed and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Reactions: 5 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
So sad to hear this. On the other hand, so glad for all the previous postings of you two out together sharing adventures in the world. This one can be beaten, please find out more.

Reactions: 5 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
CAR-T treatment (chimeric antigen receptor T-cell) is the best new treatment available for blood cancers. Genetically modified (in a lab) versions of your own T cells can recognize the lymphoblasts C19 protein and target only those. It works so well that terminal people have come back from the brink and completely recovered with not a cancerous lymphoblast in their system. Tumors are reduced with chemo then T-cells are extracted and sent to a lab where they are modified and grown for 3 weeks and then sent back and infused into the patient. Monitoring for cytokine storm issues and treatment for such during the battle the new T-cells wage is typical and if the patient is strong enough going into it, will make a full recovery. I personally know of someone who did this. It is totally badass. Unfortunately, it's not a first line treatment yet, but one day it will be (hope I got that all right, off the cuff explanation). Just putting that out there in case it hasn't been talked about yet. Hoping for good fortune for your wife (and you!)!

• Informative
Reactions: 8 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
wow, that really hits ( been married 25 years here so I can relate to time served with no parole but also knowing you have a mate willingly serving the same time IYKWIM ). You guys are in my thoughts

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Our thoughts will be with you as well. It's beatable, and if she fight this half as well as she battles the fish things will be headed the right way in no time.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
So sorry to hear this Christian. My thoughts are with you, Katherine, and your family. 🙏

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor