Update: Anubis prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Glad to hear you are hanging in there buddy. Seems like you've got some good docs directing your treatment. Praying for you.

Reactions: 1 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Thoughts and prayers bro!

Reactions: 2 users

DocG G-edi Master

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2017
Stay positive fellow Gbody guy. I will pray that The Man Upstairs puts his hand on your shoulder as he did with me.

Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Thanks guys. I'm humbled by the support I've received from people like you, friends, co workers and family. Last week was not encouraging for me however, and as you can imagine we have been quite emotional lately. I have been taking oral Capecitabine chemotherapy for roughly 6 weeks but my blood work indicates that the tumors have been busy growing with no reduction. The doc wants me to stay on it at least through the end of the month and then check the CA (Cancer Antigen) count again the day before Thanksgiving. If the accelerated growth trend continues they want to install a port (not excited about this operation) and then try another more aggressive type of chemo. I still have hope and we are continually praying for healing. Thanks again to all you who remember me in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Thanks for the update. Look around and see the good in each day. Blue sky on a a cold crisp day. Family together to share a meal. The bond of friendship over a bunch of cars GM forgot, but mean something important - to us. Be strong, my friend.

Reactions: 6 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Thanks guys. I'm humbled by the support I've received from people like you, friends, co workers and family. Last week was not encouraging for me however, and as you can imagine we have been quite emotional lately. I have been taking oral Capecitabine chemotherapy for roughly 6 weeks but my blood work indicates that the tumors have been busy growing with no reduction. The doc wants me to stay on it at least through the end of the month and then check the CA (Cancer Antigen) count again the day before Thanksgiving. If the accelerated growth trend continues they want to install a port (not excited about this operation) and then try another more aggressive type of chemo. I still have hope and we are continually praying for healing. Thanks again to all you who remember me in your thoughts and prayers.
Anubis... pick up the book Chris beat cancer. A very good book about beating cancer. I am a survivor now but have to be checked every few months. The book will help you. I promise

Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
God bless you friend and prayers for this horrific battle your having. Please HAVE FAITH!!!

Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Anubis... pick up the book Chris beat cancer. A very good book about beating cancer. I am a survivor now but have to be checked every few months. The book will help you. I promise

Thanks Tony. I picked that book up a couple months ago and while I found it helpful I ignored the first 4 chapters which characterize proven medical science and chemotherapy as useless and evil. Chris beat cancer not because of his lifestyle and diet changes but because the surgical oncologist successfully removed all of his cancer the first time around. Chris got lucky and chose to gamble and forgo the chemotherapy. I did find the diet and faith section helpful! Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Thanks Tony. I picked that book up a couple months ago and while I found it helpful I ignored the first 4 chapters which characterize proven medical science and chemotherapy as useless and evil. Chris beat cancer not because of his lifestyle and diet changes but because the surgical oncologist successfully removed all of his cancer the first time around. Chris got lucky and chose to gamble and forgo the chemotherapy. I did find the diet and faith section helpful! Thanks for the tip.
My surgeon said the exact same thing. But I found it disturbing about the chemotherapy. I don't know if you read everything about that but basically the same chemicals that have been used for over 50 years and how they actually came to be.... Chemo and radiation wouldn't work for me so surgery was my only option.
My prayers go out to you and keep positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor