Update: Anubis prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Doug, any updates ?

Hey guys. Although I still have pain from the incision I am healing as expected from the operation (protein is key). The worst area (and slowest to heal) is from the beltline down. I have some pics the doctor took in the middle of the operation which shows the massive tumors on my omentum and throughout my abdominal cavity but not sure if it would be appropriate to post them here. I have been taking short walks around the house and thankfully my appetite is up and I am gaining weight. My surgical oncologist has referred us to a new medical oncologist who is now developing a chemotherapy plan which will begin soon. They need to wait for the incision to heal and for Foundation 1 genome test results before I can receive treatment....likely at least another week to wait. Next week I am flying to Chicago to get a second opinion (CTCA). The waiting and uncertainty creates a lot of anxiety for us but my faith is in my creator and Lord Jesus Christ. Thanks for asking for an update.....I am humbled by the love, care and concern shown by all.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hey guys. Although I still have pain from the incision I am healing as expected from the operation (protein is key). The worst area (and slowest to heal) is from the beltline down. I have some pics the doctor took in the middle of the operation which shows the massive tumors on my omentum and throughout my abdominal cavity but not sure if it would be appropriate to post them here. I have been taking short walks around the house and thankfully my appetite is up and I am gaining weight. My surgical oncologist has referred us to a new medical oncologist who is now developing a chemotherapy plan which will begin soon. They need to wait for the incision to heal and for Foundation 1 genome test results before I can receive treatment....likely at least another week to wait. Next week I am flying to Chicago to get a second opinion (CTCA). The waiting and uncertainty creates a lot of anxiety for us but my faith is in my creator and Lord Jesus Christ. Thanks for asking for an update.....I am humbled by the love, care and concern shown by all.
Great news man!!! One day at a time, and we won't keep praying for a full recovery!

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive been told that the CTCAs have a good reputation. The surgeon that did my prostate surgery at Sloan Kettering back in '08 left there and works for the CTCA in Atlanta. Good that youre going to a place that deals with just cancers. You wouldnt take a Bugatti to the local gas station.
Those doctors deal with things like this all the time and Im sure they'll know the most up to date treatments available. Good luck in Chicago. When you have time and youre feeling up to it please let folks here know how youre doing. Although the majority of us will never meet many of us (or someone close to us) might have to deal with crap like this in our lifetime. Its always good to vent.

Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hang in there, Bud! Glad there's some good news to report. As they always say, one day at a time. Each day should be better than yesterday.

Reactions: 3 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Your in my prayers!!!! Stay strong and focused to kick this!!! PRAYERS WORK!!! God bless!

Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Oh yes, go with the specialsts. They are incredible. My Wife is cancer free for 5 years now because her gynecological surgeon was spot on.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
One day at a time for sure. Listen to the docs, eat right and exercise.
All the best buddy

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor