Update: Anubis prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Guys, I have been struggling with health issues and am freaking out. Based on my family history, strict diet and exercise I thought the chances of me being in this situation were minimal but alas I am facing a potentially terminal illness.
In May I noticed signs of bloating and hardness in my lower abdominal wall. In June I had heart palpitations, reduced appetite and the bloating got worse so I saw the doctor. CAT scans revealed I have tumors throughout my abdominal area (peritoneum cavity) and acsites (access fluid) so they did a biopsy 2 weeks ago. In the process they removed 2 liters of fluid so thankfully the pressure in my gut is now reduced. The results indicate that the tumors are a rare mucinous neoplasm (a nasty gooey pudding like tumor) that originated from a leak in my appendix. Once they are established, they seed and grow on their own. I go in for a 15 hour "debulking surgery" at 5 am on Monday, August 5th. They plan to remove my spleen, gall bladder, appendix, part of my stomach and possibly the entire colon. After mechanically removing the tumors, they close me up and pump a hot chemo therapy solution in the abdominal cavity for 90 minutes to try and kill remaining cells. As an analytical person (engineer by trade), losing vital organs is a very difficult thing for me to process. Please keep me in your prayers, more specifically that they do not remove my entire colon and that they can get everything out so it stops growing. My oncologist is telling me that it is not a matter of IF it grows back but WHEN but I believe in miracles. Thankfully this type of tumor is not malignant in the sense that it spreads through the blood or lymph system. I will be in ICU for 3 weeks following the surgery then 3 month recovery at home. I know the gbody family is a diverse group. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and more importantly your prayers.....

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sorry to hear about what you've been going thru lately, Doug.
I'll certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Best wishes for a speedy and thorough recovery.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Get better, sir! Good luck with your surgery; we'll be here during your recovery, so take a device. Hope you get some cute nurses; they make or break the situation (did for me, anyway).

Reactions: 7 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Speedy recovery for you!

Reactions: 1 user

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Thoughts and prayer

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Really sorry to hear you are going through this. I had about a foot of my colon removed in late 2016 so I have some perspective of what you are going through. Take the best care of yourself that you can between now and then.
If possible, it's best to have someone at the hospital keeping an eye on the staff to advocate for you. I was able to mostly do it for myself. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. When you can, let us know how you are doing.

Best,

Jared

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Good luck with everything you are going through and I hope you come out of it in good health. I concure that cute nurses sure do help to pass the time without being too bored....

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sonofabitch! Sorry to hear- so sorry. Man that sucks. The older we get, the seemingly more issues that pop up healthwise on our aging butts.

You are in our prayers good sir! Hang in there and wish you a strong and speedy recovery!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor