Upgraded 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you can get this to hook on a well prepped track, then you'll have a chance at breaking it. You'll break a gear before you break an axle or the Torsen.

We built the same setup minus the axles - used S10 2WD axles - never broke. Car made just a tickle less than 500whp with a turbo.

edit : I didn't see all the posts for some reason, they were hidden??? If your intention is weekend use at the drag strip, then you made a mistake. If not, then you made the right choice IMHO.

Reactions: 1 user

LsxBuickRegal1982

Greasemonkey
Nov 9, 2018
as far as a 7.5 upgrade that is a good upgrade so like Blake442 posted on the street it'll work great......is your engine the 600 hp version?
Yes and I plan on spraying a 200 shot the good part is I acquired all these parts from a family member

• Haha

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yes and I plan on spraying a 200 shot the good part is I acquired all these parts from a family member

you'll want to have fun with that so I don't think you'll want to cross your fingers every time you stomp on the pedal.....you can't sell broken parts

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
"Right up to the scene of the crash" - Ron White.

Or, the parts scattered under the car, in this case. That beefy cover might hold them in, but it will sound like rocks in a can of paint.

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

OK, I call Uncle. I'm a 7.5 fan for certain applications, but you will be exceeding the limits, probably on the 2nd shot. We could get a pool going on how many button hits it will take - I take 2. The issue is that the nitrous hits like a sledgehammer - there is nothing tougher on your driveline than nitrous.

Kidding aside, sell that stuff - the Torsen upgrade with Moser axles and diff cover is a very good upgrade for a tire burner/red light racer (no prepped track launches) - someone will buy it I'm sure.

Reactions: 2 users

LsxBuickRegal1982

Greasemonkey
Nov 9, 2018
OK, I call Uncle. I'm a 7.5 fan for certain applications, but you will be exceeding the limits, probably on the 2nd shot. We could get a pool going on how many button hits it will take - I take 2. The issue is that the nitrous hits like a sledgehammer - there is nothing tougher on your driveline than nitrous.

Kidding aside, sell that stuff - the Torsen upgrade with Moser axles and diff cover is a very good upgrade for a tire burner/red light racer (no prepped track launches) - someone will buy it I'm sure.
Welp there goes my hopes of “Spraying N Praying”🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
If Im not mistaken, those 28 spline mosers will fit into a 8.5, right?

Ive already got my 28 spline axles (From a GN), Im just asking for knowledge.

I really like that perfect launch cover tho... and I don't have the posi unit yet.. (Was leaning toward auburn myself) :)

-Gonz

LsxBuickRegal1982

Greasemonkey
Nov 9, 2018
If Im not mistaken, those 28 spline mosers will fit into a 8.5, right?

Ive already got my 28 spline axles (From a GN), Im just asking for knowledge.

I really like that perfect launch cover tho... and I don't have the posi unit yet.. (Was leaning toward auburn myself) :)

-Gonz
I’m not 100% sure but I might be leaning towards selling the whole lot plus I have some ARP stainless 12 pt diff cover bolts as well and a Yukon 28 spline mini spool

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I’m not 100% sure but I might be leaning towards selling the whole lot plus I have some ARP stainless 12 pt diff cover bolts as well and a Yukon 28 spline mini spool

Not up for a mini spool, but let me know if you want to get rid of the cover. There are a couple around here for sale, so no biggie... yours is just newer :)

-Gonz

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Go 9 inch and don't look back. Rather go a little overkill than to build it and not be able to drive It due to parts breakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor