Upper control arm shaft help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
Hey guys, getting my suspension back into my Monte, I was assembly the upper control arm shaft and realized after I had the second bushing pressed on I had forgotten the serrated washed in between the shaft and inboard side of the bushing. So I'm here to be that guy and ask am I safe to run it without the washers or am I stuck yanking one of the bushing back out and installing the washers? What exactly is their purpose if they are needed?

Attachments

• IMG_20191024_161534.jpg
    IMG_20191024_161534.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 231

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Depends on what type of bushings you installed.those washers are there to stop the shaft from rotating with a rubber bushing.those are designed to flex up and down if you will on the shaft but not rotate.without it it's more appt to rotate as the washer isn't there to grab and stop it.if you went poly of sorts that's designed TO rotate,you're fine.

Reactions: 1 users

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
Thanks for the explanation! I ended up installing rubbers back into it so I guess I'll be needing to pull it ( boooo) just weird to me that they give you the washers yet the face of the bushings are serrated as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor