Not open for further replies.

ric85442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2013
:popcorn: WOW awesome build man.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
the way the exhaust is routed, its asking to be turbocharged...

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Since it runs, I went ahead and pulled the headers back off. Then I wrapped them. Still have a bunch of little things to do and then I still need to figure something out for a driveshaft.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Hit the junkyard and picked up another shaft, half off too! It's getting shortened and balanced now. Exhaust is finished, fan got wired. Let it run for awhile this time. Still need to wire the lock up, set the timing, and get a battery that will fit. Hope to test drive it soon.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Got the driveshaft in. Tied up some of the loose ends and decided it was time for a test drive. We just a got an inch or two of snow last night, made for great roads for a test drive.

Good news is it went down the road with no issues. Couldn't tell how it was shifting due to the snow and low speeds. Bad news is there might be the faintest bottom end knock. I'm not real shocked seeing as it should have had the crank turned but....

I will get it out again when it's nicer to check the transmission, then I will decide what i'm gonna do.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Thanks guys. There will be more updates if the weather ever improves around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor