Valve springs pressure???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Edelbrock says they have 128 lbs seat and 338 lbs open for flat tappet springs

If that is the case then you are on the absolute high side for a flat tappet, and the reasonable side for a moderate roller cam. There is also lbs at a particular lift to consider. There are no 'roller' springs, 'flat tappet' springs etc. Just springs with rates that either work or don't work.

Are you changing cams or something?

Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
What does Edelbrock say about the springs?

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
No another engine with edelbrock heads and wanted a little more lift on the hydraulic roller camshaft

Please explain what you mean - springs won't change lift. I always run the recommended springs for a given camshaft - PERIOD!! I have 4 seasons on my current springs and they are getting changed out just to be safe. Just setting the proper install height can be challenging.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I think we've gone full circle. Twice.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Please explain to me also

explain what?.....like others have posted each camshaft manufacturer will tell you what springs to use. Have you measured your springs to see if they are the proper spring rate to work with your cam. Personally even with the proper springs I'd be checking them after 8 years to see if any of them has lost any spring rate. Valves have alot to do with performance but they can destroy an engine and if I was you after the learning from the other members that I had the wrong valve springs I would count my blessings, thanks the guys who educated me and park the car till I installed the proper springs.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor