vent control

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i found a problem. i turn on air and it only comes out the top and bottom, not the vents no matter what setting i use. fan speed works fine and the door between hot anc cold works fine...

i bet i have a cracked vacuum hose dont i?

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I need help with this too Mine gets like that when it's really cold. they do still work, but it can take up to 10 minutes for them to work.

Did any g-bodys come with the cable controlled heater boxes?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You do have a cracked vacuum hose. The best part will be trying to find out where.

Yes, non a/c cars are cable controlled. No vacuum lines for this guy. :D

Not wanting to deal with the vacuum b.s. is part of what swayed me to convert both my 442 and wagon to the factory non a/c set up. That and they look cool and have a killer fresh air vent.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So would this hurt fuel milage or performance in any way?

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
hey i 've been dealing with this for awhile too but just got it fixed... now i have 80 cutlass so things might be slightly different for you , however what you need to check is... you have 2 lines coming from your pass side underneath your black box, one line which should be lighter color goes to your water vavle, you other line should be darker color grey perhaps that normally goes to your vacuum ball but since you not getting vacuum you need to find another vacuum source, i took vacuum from the big vacuum port in themiddle of my intake, bought some plastic line at autozone 4$ and T-fitings and connected the new line to the vacuum port to your grey line and then you should have vacuum to your ducts and control unit, providing your high blower motor relays switch works, you have a good control unit nothing wore out, inner vac lines all good,you should get air to everything! hope that helps
PICT0063-1.jpg

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I know on my regal there is a gray and purple vacuum line. The purple one IIRC is the one that controls the vents so check on that one.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i'll probably change over to a silicone hose set up. no more cracked hoses. i also figure if i start fiddling around in there other hoses are going to crack to so....change em all if i can and do it ONCE, not repeatedly. i hate taking the dash apart multiple times.

might as well put in the gauges and change the turn signal bulb that went out some time ago. and replace the rest of them while im at it.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
this issue is fixed. it was the rear vacuum break line that was cracked, its the same vacuum "circuit" that goes to the air cleaner and the HVAC controls. so now all 3 work after replacing the vacuum line.

at least i dont have to take the dash apart to fix it.

unfortunately i still need to replace the idiot lights with gauges...so i still need to take the dash apart some anyway. oh well, one less thing to worry about though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor