Very high front end issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

87monteSSMN

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, I would agree they are wrong. It's so weird because the shocks removed were original GM I'm sure from 87. Tires have almost no wear, but date code on em is from 1995 and they are dry rotted pretty bad. Junk. Anything older than 5 years is usually junk anyway.

TomDisab

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2016
I bought a brand new 86 Monte SS, and it never sat up like that. It was even front and back, but not tilted up. The rear looks normal height but the front end looks a little higher than stock. Hmmm.

My '87 Aerocoupe with 852 miles on it last March. That's the way they sit.

Attachments

• 0323180846a.jpg
    0323180846a.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 176
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
My '87 Aerocoupe with 852 miles on it last March. That's the way they sit.
Sad. I'd probably have to fix that if my car did that. I know that would bug me a little every time I saw it. I'm sure it doesn't affect the ride, plus MC wheel wells are kind of huge looking as it is, but still.

• Agree

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
Is there a reason the front end on this thing is 4x4 height? You would think with worn springs it would say lower then stock. I thought maybe the rear was sagging but the rear appears to be stock height. Shocks and springs are original from 87. I bought load leveler/towing shocks with springs around them to raise the rear but pretty sure it's as high as it will go. Tires are wrong size as well 225 70 15 but they are junk anyway as date code on em is from 1995. New tread still, car was barely driven in last 23 years.
thread done, as you answered your own question. LOL. I have removed enough original springs with factory sticker tags from different years to know the 87s came that way.

brianb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2017
london ,ontario
Is there a reason the front end on this thing is 4x4 height? You would think with worn springs it would say lower then stock. I thought maybe the rear was sagging but the rear appears to be stock height. Shocks and springs are original from 87. I bought load leveler/towing shocks with springs around them to raise the rear but pretty sure it's as high as it will go. Tires are wrong size as well 225 70 15 but they are junk anyway as date code on em is from 1995. New tread still, car was barely driven in last 23 years.
I got the same problem,,,im thinking wrong springs

87monteSSMN

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2018
I got the same problem,,,im thinking wrong springs

Most guys are saying it's an 87 deal and I'm inclined to believe it. I remember some sitting like this even in the 90s and others not. Reason is the 87s were higher and other years lower I'm guessing now. 245/60/15 out back and 235/60/15 up front helps alleviate this. :)

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Pic of my stock 86. The ride height is just under factory spec as measured at the front frame reference point.
DSC_0379.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor