Vortec Head Plug Wire Retainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I spent a few hours at three different yards today. I actually came home with a bunch of stuff from the first yard I went to. I got a bunch of smaller side brackets and 4 different brackets that go on the end of the head. They were off center bolt heads that were in vans, a couple of trucks and 3 motors that were in the pile. I need to clean them up and see if any will work with a little modification. Best thing was they were free. I saw a few more pieces that might work but the owner of the yard was closing up because he was sick and it was 21 degrees. He said hes not going to open tomorrow so I might go back next week for more parts if I need them. Unless theres snow on the ground. I also needed some tools that I didnt bring. Figured all the hardware would be metric but it was a mix and I also needed a few deep sockets and a short extension.
I gotta say, it was pretty cold out there. Im glad I was able to climb into the vans !

Reactions: 1 user

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I use these on both of my Monte's, happen to have Vortecs as well. I like how tidy they are, just another option. Run the wires on top of the stock covers for the one car, on the sides with brackets to the heads on the other, same wire loom parts though, they come in black, red and I think other colors. Forget the brand though. Will try to get a better pic or two.

Those look like Taylor brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor