Wagon picture thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Clutch, Thanks. Yeah. She’s pretty clean. Seeing it in person again made me re-think the GN-look plan. I still do think the coupe nose is sportier and generally better-looking, but I’m starting to lean more toward keeping it more stock-looking.

Still want to do a console shifter, front buckets and the 3-spoke steering wheel. I do feel fortunate to have such a well-preserved example to start from.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Landon Collins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
Rogersville
Soon to be, slapping payment down monday. The wood vinear is crap but the car runs and drives real good still. Just gotta slap a water pump on it for the time being.

Very happy to finally be a Gbody owner.

Attachments

• IMG_5565.JPG
    IMG_5565.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 242
Reactions: 5 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
cool!

Don't see a lot of Malibu woodies from 82/83

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Landon Collins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
Rogersville
cool!

Don't see a lot of Malibu woodies from 82/83

Would it be worth while to have new wood vinyl put on it? Im still debating what color choice to go to, the paint on it isnt terrible now but its starting to get pretty bare in some places. Primarily I bought this because its completely rust free on both frame and body. A steal for 1200 since its got most of an extra interior/dash/gauge clusters coming with it.

Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
The one issue you have to be aware of with the “woody” models is that the fender molding pieces on those can be very hard to find. I’ve learning that out the hard way on mine.

Reactions: 1 user

Landon Collins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
Rogersville
The one issue you have to be aware of with the “woody” models is that the fender molding pieces on those can be very hard to find. I’ve learning that out the hard way on mine.

They're all intact all around. Though Im unsure how the last owner managed to remove the old rotted vinyl and refinish it with the typical wood vinyl stuff for desks. As one might expect its not taken kindly to UV light.

And if Im honest, the Iroc rims look pretty nice on it, without being overly gaudy.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
You’re lucky to have all the molding intact. As long as it’s removed carefully, it should be able to be reused if you want to re-do the vinyl.

In terms of vinyl or no vinyl, that’s a totally subjective call. Some people like it, some don’t. It’s your car, do what you want with it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor