Wasn't a flat lobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Well, i finally got time to tear down my olds 403 and see what happened, i thought initially it was either a flat lobe/bad lifter, and that it was my fault. Guess i was to quick to place blame...

vzzuaa.jpg

The pushrod failed....

Cam was fine, still going ahead with replacement, lifter was ok too.....

What do yall think?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What brand push rod? I would get a whole new set of quality push rods.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
olds307 and 403 said:
What brand push rod? I would get a whole new set of quality push rods.

Comp cams, to my understanding they are quality...

I'm calling them on monday and going to see if they will make this right, this pushrod ended up costing me 850$ for the truck/trailer rental to get my car the rest of the way to SC from PA, + 200 in gas for the truck. If they can't make i right im just sending back the new cam i bought and going through another company. I'll probably call BTR and get a recommendation.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
You won't get $1000 from Comp Cams because of a bad pushrod. If you read the fine print on almost all aftermarket automotive parts, especially those used for "racing" they will typically state something like they are only responsible for the failure of their part and not what else may be affected because of that failure.

At most you may get a new set of pushrods.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
FE3X CLONE said:
You won't get $1000 from Comp Cams because of a bad pushrod. If you read the fine print on almost all aftermarket automotive parts, especially those used for "racing" they will typically state something like they are only responsible for the failure of their part and not what else may be affected because of that failure.

Where in the above statement did i say i want them to fork over 1000$ ? By make this right, i mean they should supply me with a replacement set of pushrods, this one failed for reasons unknown. If i word it right i might be able to swing a full roller set of rocker arms, surprisingly the full rollers only cost 8$ more than my roller tips....

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
CamaroAdam73 said:
FE3X CLONE said:

Where in the above statement did i say i want them to fork over 1000$ ? By make this right, i mean they should supply me with a replacement set of pushrods, this one failed for reasons unknown. If i word it right i might be able to swing a full roller set of rocker arms, surprisingly the full rollers only cost 8$ more than my roller tips....

At the exact point where you listed the cost and told you were to ask them to make it "right"..

Stop bitching.. There are 1000 reasons why that pushrod could have failed. Not all of them are their fault.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Stop bitching? **** you, i'm not "bitching" at all. Put yourself in my ****ing shoes DUDE, i dished out almost 1500$ and went through the second most stressfull ****ing 3 days of my LIFE, all i'm asking for is a set of PUSHRODS!

God **** this forum, i'm done with the internet.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
CamaroAdam73 said:
Stop bitching? **** you, i'm not "bitching" at all. Put yourself in my ****ing shoes DUDE, i dished out almost 1500$ and went through the second most stressfull ****ing 3 days of my LIFE, all i'm asking for is a set of PUSHRODS!

he's in Denmark...bitching may have a different connotation in that part of the world...anyway you found the problem and I doubt they offer anything but a part replacement. I think most of us has been in a position like yours but in the long run these 3 days are only a memory now... :)

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
CamaroAdam73 said:

Wow.. Grow up. DUDE.. And wipe the tears of your face.

Your pushrods failing could be caused by many things, as stated earlier.

Put yourself in the manufacturers shoes.
How many times do you think average Joe's and shadetree mechanics approach them weekly due to various engine failures maybe/maybe not caused by their parts?

Maybe you are only asking for a set of pushrods. But so is everyone else. DUDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor