Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Weather is still good out here on the Prairies....above normal for sure. Still see a few cars out. I don't have anything other than my daily driver Envoy right now though...:(

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
We had an inch or two of snow last week but it's all gone now.
I put the 442 away the first weekend of October... Only put like 150 miles on it this year. Too busy with the wagon...
I did take the Grand National out on Saturday to stretch it's legs and get it ready for it's new storage spot.
But then the spot we were supposed to park it in was full, so I got to take it out again Sunday and actually got it put away then.
Only put about 40 miles on it, but it was fun to be back at the wheel of a G-body if only for a little bit...
One of the nicest falls that we've had in a while! Anything to make winter shorter!
At this time last year, we had already had 2 months of winter around here! :puke:

Nov 4, 2012
It's been an extremely mild fall here in SW Pennsylvania. Last week was the first 'cold' week and highs were still in the 50s *F. Regardless my Buick has been away since the middle of October when highs were still in the 70s. At this time last year (and almost every year) the highs were in the mid 20s and there was snow on the ground. I'm just glad I haven't had to scrape my truck off in the morning yet! Sometimes I wonder why I live here lol.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pretty snowy and very cold, sub-30 degrees with the sun shining, I've taken the Gutlass out a couple of times on the weekends, maybe 10 miles total over the last month. I take it out on clear days now, just to give it some running time so it's not just sitting over the long winter we have here, October to about March or April. It's been known to freeze here even in June
DSCN4810 (2).JPG

Reactions: 1 users

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
Drive mine to work as long as it's not snowing or raining. The carb hates those 25 degree nights though...til it warms up atleast lol

86regaldrvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
The weather has been above normal and the weather types are calling for daytime temps above freezing till January. Since there hasn't been any snow here, no plowing work and no need of the winter beater Cavalier so the plates are still on the Regal. I had been delaying topping off the gas tank and adding stabilizer. Need to clear out a spot for it to hibernate in the shop so till it snows, I am going to just drive it.

So today, into town for gas and oil at CTC, had Castrol GTX on sale 4.4 lt jugs for $17 each. Cleaned them out of 5w-20 and 10w-30. It looks like Castrol went to new packaging and the new jugs are 5 lt for $38 ea. ??

Spied a mid 80's Cutlass at the HS auto shop yard, hit really hard from the rear but the rest of it is mint.....need to really go check it out.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Just washed mine in a t-shirt in December. This time last year it was snowing

Reactions: 1 user

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Here in New York they salt the roads so heavily it takes a while to wash off even with rain. I just garage it mid to late October and get it ready during weekends in March and then on the road by April.

This March it will need a new top, upper radiator hose, wires, cap, roter, plugs and all the other normal get it out of storage stuff. Sounds like a list but I tend to like to do most of the items during the first month when there is time to test drive here and there but cannot drive it consistently.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
They use alot of salt here too but with no snow yet no salt, it's going up to 48° today

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
work van in the shop for the last few days has given me the excuse to keep driving the monte to work. Although I have to admit the colder temps makes the tires spin a little easier and it tends to slide a little around corners with a little nudge of the throttle ( not that its a bad thing :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor