Weatherstip Replacement for 83 GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Damn thats so immaculate! Me jealous :wink: i am in the process of collecting the brake parts for my car using the zq8, spindles along with the c5 calipers and rotors. The calipers i bought were yellow too but i cleaned them up already..Also is that the radio antenna on the rear quarter? never seen one there.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I'm sure that with some sweat and elbow grease, you'll have just as nice a ride, or even nicer. All it takes is a will to do it and time (and a few spare bucks :wink: ).

Regarding the calipers: if you can, get them powdercoated in yellow (or whatever colour you like). Much nicer than paint and it'll last much longer. You won't be afraid to scrub them when cleaning since there's no paint to rub off.

When I factory ordered the car in 1982, I didn't want an antenna sticking out of the right front fender (never liked that look) and I didn't care for GM's sound system either (i.e., AM/FM radio). So I order the car with "radio delete" and installed my own system, including the antenna. As you mentioned, it was original and unique since nobody had it that way. During this current makeover, I removed the antenna completely. I'm "Dynamatting" the whole interior and will mount a hidden antenna above the front windshield.

Here's a good view of the antenna location:
normal_GP_Exterior_013.jpg

Andry

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
i'm also lookin for weather strippin for my gp...but man yo car look just like man, same paint w/ the chrome bottom.. but urs is a whole lot better.. thats how i want mine to look nice an settle, but real mean under the hood an growl wen i step on the gas...all hands down man...

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
That is one nice looking GP;) very cool. I want to upgrade my brakes also. What brand wheels are those? I really like that style. I have soffseal on my car I am not so impressed. They have been on for over a year now and I am just now almost able to shut the door without having to slam them. I bought them because I only saw good reviews but wish they fit better.

Attachments

• IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 465

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Andry I can see you dont have much $$$ into your car :| :| :| no but seriously that GP is awesome, you really have a knack for the details. Post more pics its truly awesome.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks, guys! It's really appreciated. Now to answer iameggor's question, the wheels are Billet Specialties SLX45 (18x8 front and 18x9 rear). Here's a picture:
BilletSpecialties_%28SLX45%29.jpg

I've been working on some details, the latest of which is finishing off the engine bay. I've created a new rad cover to hide the front part or the bay (i.e., between the engine and the front fascia). Also, incorporating hood pins and a new hood latch. Here are a few pictures:
normal_GP_Malyuvannya_008.jpg

normal_Pratsyuyemo_Nad_Avtom_010.jpg

normal_Pratsyuyemo_Nad_Avtom_001.jpg

Good luck on your projects!
Andry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor