Weatherstrip or felt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shgnwgn79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'm in desperate need of the what I consider the window channel run. Not sure on these vehicles are felt or some type of rubber weatherstrip. I definately need to find out the true name and find out where I can order them. Tired of listening to the air whistle near my head. Help!

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
window felts are on the top of the door on ether side of the window, weather strip goes around the door and windows.
l.jpg
<felts

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Beer,
I think he's referring to the window run channels that the windows slide up and down on. They consist of felt lined rubber. But as far as wind noise, that would most likely be your weather stripping around your doors.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
beermonkey9417 said:
window felts are on the top of the door on ether side of the window, weather strip goes around the door and windows.
l.jpg
<felts

Pictured item is also referred to as a belt weatherstrip or window sealing strip....it all depends on who's doing the part nomenclature that day.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Shgnwgn79 said:
Longroof hit it on the button. I need to find out where to buy them.
Try these people. http://www.dannoenterprises.com/
I think they'll have what you're looking for. The OEM pieces are NLA, so you're going to have to match up what you have.
I have to get the same strips for mine, plus weatherstripping, etc. I will be dealing with them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor