Well sold my T Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
A buddy of mine picked up a pair of those a few years back.
One decent, one a "parts car" which actually came from Paul Newmans race team.
The "good" one got completely taken down, and then the the built 327 SBC in the corner got measured, and squeezed under the hood.
2 years later its a done street screamer in triple black, and looks like something Darth Vader would drive.
You'll have fun, best thing you did was not buy a rusty one!(y)
I know the V8 swaps are very popular and bang for the buck is probably the best option for going much faster than stock. However I never had one of these and I've had plenty of SBC cars. Want something different.

I'd love to see one of those Newman BRE Z cars.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Oddly, I have seen more than one of these with a buick 350 in them.

do it. i dare you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I can imagine a GN engine and trans in one of these, or a SC3800, but not much else. Sounds like you aren’t keeping it anyway.

Reactions: 1 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I can imagine a GN engine and trans in one of these, or a SC3800, but not much else. Sounds like you aren’t keeping it anyway.

That would be kinda cool. I'm totally off the GN engine stuff as expensive as they are though. 😂 That being said, a basically stock GN engine with just injectors, a chip, and the boost turned up would probably be terrifying in a car this small and not too unreliable.

Why would you say I'm not keeping it though? I haven't had it long enough to know if I really like it... I bought it mostly for the looks because I think Z cars are dead sexy. If it drives half as good as it looks I'll probably be holding onto it for a long time.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Oddly, I have seen more than one of these with a buick 350 in them.

do it. i dare you.

I've seen a couple with a 215ci aluminum Buick V8 swapped in... Kinda cool. If I was going to go with a V8 though I think an aluminum 5.3 LS would probably be my first choice, for cost, and weight.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That would be kinda cool. I'm totally off the GN engine stuff as expensive as they are though. 😂 That being said, a basically stock GN engine with just injectors, a chip, and the boost turned up would probably be terrifying in a car this small and not too unreliable.

Why would you say I'm not keeping it though? I haven't had it long enough to know if I really like it... I bought it mostly for the looks because I think Z cars are dead sexy. If it drives half as good as it looks I'll probably be holding onto it for a long time.
2500 buys a running drivin drop in ready stock intercooled engine still. Maybe 3000 with harness and other extras.

Thats 300 HP by tuning and cutting the waste gate rod.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS on your new awesome ride!!! And you sold your T !?? Did it have a bad exhaust leak and the fumes got to you :p:ROFLMAO: just kidding, and I always liked those too, congrats!!!

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia

I agree. If I end up keeping it long term it will definitely be getting swapped out for a 5 speed. It looks crazy easy to swap.

The word “if” queued me to think that way.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I always thought those cars were cool. A 260-Z is a one year only model, or in between a 240 and a 280.
I have seen a few with a sbc in them. Both stick shift cars. They seem to be a natural with a sbc in them. However, I think it would be killer with an LS in it.
There used to be one in my town with a 327 and T-5. It looked like a nicely setup car.
These cars are getting up there in value, so I don't think you had anything to lose. Good luck and have fun with it.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
2500 buys a running drivin drop in ready stock intercooled engine still. Maybe 3000 with harness and other extras.

Thats 300 HP by tuning and cutting the waste gate rod.
Have an intercooled turbo Buick, just sold an intercooled turbo Buick... And in my limited experience, nothing is that simple or inexpensive with them. Not trying to be dismissive, but I really don't want another turbo Buick. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor