Went to the Pierce Nebraska Car Auction Last Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
Pierce, NE is only 45 min. from my house, so I went over there and checked it out. Everything there went for insane amounts of money. They also broadcasted it live on the History Channel. The first vehicle they auctioned off was a 58 chevy cameo pickup with 3 miles on it. It also had roof damage from a roof falling on it. It went for $140,000. Then the 78 Corvette 25th anniversary with 4 miles on it went for $80,000. They had a line of 60's chevy pickups that sat in a field for 40 years, and they were going for $20,000 - $30,000. Everyone had to have a "Lambrecht" car :roll: . The new old stock parts were going for 5 figures a piece on average.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for letting us know how it went. I was curious to hear how it would go. The prices sound crazier than what hear about at some of the big car auctions. I wonder what will happen to some of the low mileage vehicles that were sold.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I saw some of the bids placed...online. Crazy prices for some of it. I read that the Cameo is going straight to a museum?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I caught the program on the History Channel. The prices were insane for the most part. The program was all yapping. I would have liked to have seen more of the actual auctions in progress...and the vehicles that were being auctioned off.
At the end of the program, they were saying that they had already raked in north of 1.8 mill...and it was still going on.
I would have liked to have been there, but it also seemed like a carnival.

Seawolf, were you able to pics of some of the cars?

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
sadly, I didn't get any pics. My phone was dead. There is really bad cell coverage in that area, and it drained the battery in my phone pretty fast. That and I forgot to charge it all the way before we went. From what I heard from people there, most of the low mileage cars that were stored inside were either going to a museum or a private collection, where they would probably never see the street, due to losing value by putting miles on them.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That 4-dr Malibu didn't look bad for $700.00. It looks good in the picture. It would make a good daily driver.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
A 78 malibu wagon went for $400 yesterday, all the glass was broke out and interior was trashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor