Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
One could have Karen hang out in it
1652057697132.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
Park it inside. If you can't park it inside, park it in a well lit area, shut it off, take the keys out, lock it and don't leave any valuables in it. Wallets, purses, backpacks, suitcases etc. These things alone will probably do more to keep your car from getting stolen than any alarm or club or parking it with the wheels at lock. A quick disconnect for the battery is cheap and won't hurt anything if you feel it's necessary.

Reactions: 1 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Sketchy brakes- hopefully scares the sh*t out of the thief the first time they apply the brakes, and they bail.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Mine's just ugly as hell. 37 years and it hasn't been stolen once.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
Depends on the thief’s m.o. If you’re trying to stop a tow truck/roll off from taking it, then put it inside. If you are trying to stop someone from starting it, then that is easily resolved by a relay under the hood and a manual toggle switch in the center console, glove box, under the dash, in trunk, you pick. If you want to get really crazy, then put in two switches inline for the relay trigger.

Lastly, move somewhere else.

I opt for moving, but I know that’s not an option for most.
I'm
I'm with this. The best thing I think I'm doing it insuring my vehicle for at least $10k over what I think it would cost me to replace it.

Other than that, at home, and this is overkill, I take my home alarm motion sensors and put them in my cars. When I'm in for the night, I set the alarm to "home". If someone gets in the car, the entire neighborhood is getting up. Some of my interior lights flash, the porch lights flash, etc... I have have a gps tracker that I got from amazon which won't stop it from being stolen at all, but it will text my phone if it leaves a 50ft radius from wherever I set it. Then it's my choice if I want to call the police or just go get it (or attempt to).

Sometimes, it's just "luck". I lived in Livonia, MI....I parked my Monte Carlo outside of my apartment building for months and nobody ever touched it. Drove it almost daily. I moved to Redford, MI and someone stole my Durango out of my driveway in less than 2 weeks.

I'm really trying to stop someone from starting, and stealing it. I like the ideal about putting the home alarm motion sensors in the car. i have a old 84 Pontiac Parisienne wagon I'm getting rid of that has a LOK ITT collar on it ill try swapping onto the cutlass. by the way if someone looking fora wagon to restore let me know

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I always park my car in open areas, usually by a camera near businesses.

But also, I lock mine and live in a city where there is nobody else who owns a blue Caprice either.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
As for my Pontiac…

Well it’s kinda hard to be motivated to steal a car, when the engine in it is only a 305 and can’t start when they figure out the crankshaft remains have been in the oil pan for over a year 🙃🙃🙃😂

Not only that, the fact the car is stored out in the country where the storage owners have enough 7.62 rounds and rifles is a good scare lol.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So the body shop where I work is in an industrial park complex there's usually always someone around and every business has cameras. Many of the employees of various businesses there including globex performance have project cars there and it's never been a problem. Saturday morning the guy who builds rears for globex, his mustang fox body notch back got stolen from the parking lot. They got dropped off by a jeep it took them about 1/2 hour to start it (amateurs) and they left the lot at6:20am they took 70 eats to the garden state parkway and wrecked it on the jug handle. Didn't even make the toll. Drag radials and stupidity don't get you far in the rain. It's going to be towed to my shop later so I can assess the damage I'll get you some pictures then.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor