What are you drinking tonight?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It's a krupnik sort of night as the Thunder heads are giving a nice show off to the north in the dark.

The physical terrorists declared jihad on my ankle today. Not pleasant.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
It's a krupnik sort of night as the Thunder heads are giving a nice show off to the north in the dark.

The physical terrorists declared jihad on my ankle today. Not pleasant.
Physical terrorists.. I like that. I'm still having problems with my back at about the L1 L2 lots of swelling. Not sure why. So its Robax and Spiced Rum kinda night.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Physical terrorists.. I like that. I'm still having problems with my back at about the L1 L2 lots of swelling. Not sure why. So its Robax and Spiced Rum kinda night.

Smart man. Flexiril and rum would have you on your *ss.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Okay. IPA = India Pale Ale? So this is an ale that tastes like fish??? Is this some kind of YOOPER specific brew???

The purpose of terrorism being to terrorize, you can always fight terrorism with terrorism by responding to their tender ministrations by kicking one or the other of them in the shins with your good foot; be sure to have a work shoe or tennis sneaker on that has a steel or ballistic nylon toe in it, hurts more and leaves a bigger bruise. When they complain, and they will, just say it is a reflex reaction by your central nervous system in response to an undesired muscular input.
Being well versed in muscular sadism as they are likely to be, a little bruising of their sensibilities isn't going to slow them down all that much but it might make you feel better.

Nick

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Flexiril gets me tired, really tired. Robaxin, Vicodin/Percocet, Neurontin (evil stuff BTW, narcotics have nothing on it), they don't knock me out. Thankfully I don't rely on them or even Motrin to get me by. 2017 was a really rough year though. Tonight? More fish beer!

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Best I ever had access to was Demerol. Supposedly some kind of synthetic morphine. One tab of that and it was off to La-la land and see you tomorrow. It is no longer offered or available because the side effect to it was supposedly total addiction. Never felt the attraction; knew too many examples around of those who did and became members of the vegetable brigade. I'm not much of a joiner so went my own way.

Now though, most of what I am allowed to take has to be benign with respect to my heart meds. Tylenol works okay but a lot of the others can cause the heart meds to malfunction and that is not a good thing. Oddly enough, I have the same problem with Grapefruit. Love the stuff but can 't eat it because it contains enzymes that adversely affect the ability of the heart meds to work right.

Around here, Percodan and Percocet, Oxycodin, and anything along that line are considered dangerous narcotics and the local cops are in hunter/arrestor mode if they find you with it and no legal script. The local indigenous ruined it for all the rest of us because they have no tolerance for the stuff get addicted to it easily and when they can't get it they turn to fentanyl and that kills them and somehow, in all this it gets politicized so it is everyone else's fault.

Reason I am so bitter about it all is that I may be facing early onset rheumatoid arthritis and the pills and potions that could offer me some relief while still allowing me to function at almost normal levels are pretty much cousins to the same ones that have been banned because the boggans treat them like candy. They misuse the stuff and the rest of us face the consequences.

Nick

Last edited:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Flexiril gets me tired, really tired. Robaxin, Vicodin/Percocet, Neurontin (evil stuff BTW, narcotics have nothing on it), they don't knock me out. Thankfully I don't rely on them or even Motrin to get me by. 2017 was a really rough year though. Tonight? More fish beer!
Yeah, I'm on all the above, plus more... everyone I know calls the gaba evil stuff, what's your basis? Just idle curiosity on my part.

Sometimes the doses knock me out. Sometimes nothing. Sometimes just lots of hallucinations. It's like side effect roulette 4x daily , but, still gotta live life right?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah, I'm on all the above, plus more... everyone I know calls the gaba evil stuff, what's your basis? Just idle curiosity on my part.

Sometimes the doses knock me out. Sometimes nothing. Sometimes just lots of hallucinations. It's like side effect roulette 4x daily , but, still gotta live life right?

Gaba is fine when you're on it. If I wasn't hurting that bad I'd just not take it. Bad idea, withdrawals come quickly. It was months after I got off of it completely until I felt normal again. This was on 3600mg/day for many months (most days I only took 2400). Next year I got Shingles and they prescribed it again, albeit at a much shorter lived dose that peaked at 1500/day. I was apprehensive, but also morbidly curious to confirm my theory that that's what it was and not me going insane. That was enough to confirm my theory, but luckily I didn't have to go through Hell again to get my answer. Would I take it again? Absolutely, they don't give it out until the pain (in my experience) is BAD. But would I ever consider a months long high dose? Hell the fvck no. Couple weeks in and out easy peasy. Any more and I'll just deal with the pain. YMMV but it's worth a Google. It wasn't but a couple months after getting off of it that I decided to look it up and find lots and lots of identical experiences.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor