What are you drinking tonight?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hopefully things can go the best they can with that. Kidneys and liver getting a workout.
That's a constant worry. Every 6 or 8 months I get a blood test to check, but, the doses on each pill of the relaxants are low at least. 4mg tiz, 350mg soma, 750mg metho, 20mg cyclo.

The perc runs 10/325, the ibu adds up to 2400 and gaba is 3600 daily though.

There's gonna be a point I might say forget it, dose me with more pain pills and axe the gaba/relaxants... if they will.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So your doctor is stacking multiple variants belonging the the muscle relaxer family because they complement each other in terms of the specific effectiveness and intended application? I am almost sorry that i asked because it sure seems that you look to be dealing with a monumental rabbit hole body wise. Fighting the good fight must be miserable for you yet I am personally glad that you continue to post and work/wrench on your projects.

I'd buy you a beer but strongly suspect that alcohol and the muscle relaxers would be a mean/nasty, evil, totally adverse, combination in your case.. Had a few travellers from my old social groups who mixed booze with pills and periodically they still make an appearance; usually in the Obit section of the paper. DO NOT want to see that notice in any way shape or form posted for you here so "NO BOOZE FOR YOUSE!!"

Nick

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So your doctor is stacking multiple variants belonging the the muscle relaxer family because they complement each other in terms of the specific effectiveness and intended application?
correct.. using low to moderate.doses of multiple forms to reduce the likelihood of side effects specific to each one, while trying to grab some of the unique benefits of each.
I am almost sorry that i asked because it sure seems that you look to be dealing with a monumental rabbit hole body wise. Fighting the good fight must be miserable for you yet I am personally glad that you continue to post and work/wrench on your projects.
All true, and thanks. Had I not busted the ankle maybe I'd be doing.... more? ... of whatever, but, like I said, time to get the firebird *safely* moving (ie no puking gas, go through systems, etc.)
I'd buy you a beer but strongly suspect that alcohol and the muscle relaxers would be a mean/nasty, evil, totally adverse, combination in your case.. Had a few travellers from my old social groups who mixed booze with pills and periodically they still make an appearance; usually in the Obit section of the paper. DO NOT want to see that notice in any way shape or form posted for you here so "NO BOOZE FOR YOUSE!!"

Nick
Occasionally some drinks here and there still happen. No heavy parties like my youth though just another casualty on the battlefield of aging

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
All these recent posts about the various meds and their functions and disfunctions has kind of sensitized me to the issue so today, while leafing through the morning paper on my way to the funnies, I happened to note and notice an article about an ongoing international class action law suit against Perdue Pharma. They are apparently already paying out BIG BUCKS in the US in connection with two drugs they created and distributed, Oxycontin, and Oxycodone. The defined difference between the two is the codone is a slower/longer timed release. These are not muscle relaxers, they are pain killers.

And, apparently, the BIG LIE that accompanied their introduction was that they were not addictive!! I noted above that locally there were several drugs that had suffered severe local over use and abuse. OXY, both versions, along with something called Fentanyl, are high ticket items on the provincial underground, (think illegal) drug trade circuit and the various gangs that deal in them don't think twice about getting into gun battles with their competitors. Not sure about the going rate here but, on the street, one tab, tablet can earn the dealer more apiece than selling weed or other chemicals.

The sickest point about all this is that the Pharma in question systemically and methodically engaged in a series of programs to encourage the dispensing and prescription of both, while deliberately suppressing any negative information or adverse reactions that had occurred in certain groups of users.

The takeaway from this, for me personally, was that I need and will continue to need to be extremely aware of what is in the meds and scripts that the doctor's provide me, as well as the interactions and side effects and the degree of addiction that they may induce, not necessarily due to over consumption, but simply due to prolonged use over time. The local pharmacies are required to include Drug MSDS sheets for the prescriptions that they fill, particularly if it is a new one, and the pharmacists actually have to have a chat with you when you go on a new drug or script to make sure you are completely read in on what the drug does, how often to take it, the possible side effects and what to do if things go wrong.

Given the option, since this thread more or less started as an ongoing saga about Booze, I think I will stay with LIQUOR! Candy is dandy; (Gotta love those Ju-Jubes) but liquor is quicker.

Nick

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
All these recent posts about the various meds and their functions and disfunctions has kind of sensitized me to the issue so today, while leafing through the morning paper on my way to the funnies, I happened to note and notice an article about an ongoing international class action law suit against Perdue Pharma. They are apparently already paying out BIG BUCKS in the US in connection with two drugs they created and distributed, Oxycontin, and Oxycodone. The defined difference between the two is the codone is a slower/longer timed release. These are not muscle relaxers, they are pain killers.

And, apparently, the BIG LIE that accompanied their introduction was that they were not addictive!! I noted above that locally there were several drugs that had suffered severe local over use and abuse. OXY, both versions, along with something called Fentanyl, are high ticket items on the provincial underground, (think illegal) drug trade circuit and the various gangs that deal in them don't think twice about getting into gun battles with their competitors. Not sure about the going rate here but, on the street, one tab, tablet can earn the dealer more apiece than selling weed or other chemicals.

The sickest point about all this is that the Pharma in question systemically and methodically engaged in a series of programs to encourage the dispensing and prescription of both, while deliberately suppressing any negative information or adverse reactions that had occurred in certain groups of users.

The takeaway from this, for me personally, was that I need and will continue to need to be extremely aware of what is in the meds and scripts that the doctor's provide me, as well as the interactions and side effects and the degree of addiction that they may induce, not necessarily due to over consumption, but simply due to prolonged use over time. The local pharmacies are required to include Drug MSDS sheets for the prescriptions that they fill, particularly if it is a new one, and the pharmacists actually have to have a chat with you when you go on a new drug or script to make sure you are completely read in on what the drug does, how often to take it, the possible side effects and what to do if things go wrong.

Given the option, since this thread more or less started as an ongoing saga about Booze, I think I will stay with LIQUOR! Candy is dandy; (Gotta love those Ju-Jubes) but liquor is quicker.

Nick

Even Motrin and acetaminophen are harder on the liver than most would concede. I've had an ulcer from Motrin before. I try to avoid drugs on the regular especially since I enjoy the occasional drinkypoo.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Even Motrin and acetaminophen are harder on the liver than most would concede. I've had an ulcer from Motrin before. I try to avoid drugs on the regular especially since I enjoy the occasional drinkypoo.
That wasn't an ulcer. That was a gun shot wound to the gut and the motrin was the Air Force standard heal-all prescription.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That wasn't an ulcer. That was a gun shot wound to the gut and the motrin was the Air Force standard heal-all prescription.

Vitamin M! Works on open wounds too, just gotta crunch it up and sprinkle it on.

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Vodka and cranberry, watching the boats roll by at the beach house. Last vacation for the summer, but boy is it nice out tonight. The heat wave finally broke, was a beautiful day, low 80’s and dry.

Attachments

• 64EFAC0B-9066-47F6-B1AB-DA82E1CAE7D4.jpeg
    64EFAC0B-9066-47F6-B1AB-DA82E1CAE7D4.jpeg
    620.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
HAPPY SCOTCH DRINKERS DAY!!!

Whether you enjoy Single Malt, Single Grain, Blended Malt, Blended Grain, or just Blended, pour yourself a solid Dram and Slainte.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor