What did I do wrong w/headliner installation on Grand National w/Astroroof?

Goldhawg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2021
My headliner was everywhere, and I ruined the stock thin foam piece that the headliner glues to during removal, so I bought a new setup of ABS plastic from Highway stars, and the headliner sags in the front near the opening. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but maybe there is a piece I didn't get right or put back together correctly. Take a look at pics and share your thoughts if you've done headliners before

Attachments

• IMG_4260.jpeg
    IMG_4260.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4257.jpeg
    IMG_4257.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
The black Retainer with the arrow pointing to it, needs to come off before the headliner is installed. It is what supports the headliner.
Late_Sunroof PIC.jpg

See number 43.

Edited to add: also see number 14, 16 and 40 the Guides for the headliner so it does not bind up the window.
Late_Sunroof, Diag.jpg

Late_Sunroof, List1.jpg

Late_Sunroof, List2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 7 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
The black Retainer with the arrow pointing to it, needs to come off before the headliner is installed. It is what supports the headliner.
View attachment 212678
See number 43.

Edited to add: also see number 14, 16 and 40 the Guides for the headliner so it does not bind up the window.
View attachment 212679
View attachment 212680

View attachment 212681
Not bad at all. At least you didn't fork over mega bucks and you got the experience of doing it so if you want to redo any boboos, you can.

Reactions: 1 users

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
Don't work below 60 degrees if you can help 3m or not ..maybe not your problem but for posterity...lol

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I don't know the answer to your issue but how did U get the ABS liner in your TB? Someone had told me U have to take the windshield out.
IBBY

Goldhawg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2021
hello people: I don't know the answer to your issue but how did U get the ABS liner in your TB? Someone had told me U have to take the windshield out.
IBBY
You don't have to do that; it will go thru the door with window down. It flexes a bit too so that helps. It is tight and I did have a helper to guide from outside while I positioned on the insidel

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor