What did you buy for your G body today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Yea this is turning into a project, try to bleed the system now and cant get any fluid out of the rear pass side and thats not even the side i had to repair

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Bought an LSA TB from my neighbor. The stock truck TB has it hump, assuming for better low speed drivability.

Truck
2C2E2FAB-D139-42DB-9BD9-F19510026107.jpeg

LSA
EAEF4B71-6631-4DAB-8C2C-2F89095351C2.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
headlight. pass. low beam has a crack/moisture.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Hopefully the last piece to the puzzle, also picked up another head unit since I had been on the search for quite a while and ended up being quite a steal. I know I shouldn't be buying a head unit until the cars fully right again but couldn't pass up this deal.
1667844861639.png

20221029_164804.jpg

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I get REALLY lucky when it to finding but this one is pretty cool. We service all the trucks. Roush, Joe Gibbs and few others.
I love to dumpster dive when I go to their shops. Find a lot stuff they have to toss and get some cool stuff.
Today I got a sweet rad has a ding on the bottom. This cool billet plate that I might use to mount stuff in the trunk and what looks like a part of a splitter or maybe some shield. I’m going back tomorrow there was also a front clip cut off with all the carbon splitter, rad, oil coolers and such.
Looked up the rad and they seem to go for $1500-$1700 as used pull offs.
E0926CA3-D4AB-444B-A48E-4E2F8C680051.jpeg
EEA3C904-2255-4BA9-9CDE-6BA43E27F416.jpeg

• Winner
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I get REALLY lucky when it to finding but this one is pretty cool. We service all the trucks. Roush, Joe Gibbs and few others.
I love to dumpster dive when I go to their shops. Find a lot stuff they have to toss and get some cool stuff.
Today I got a sweet rad has a ding on the bottom. This cool billet plate that I might use to mount stuff in the trunk and what looks like a part of a splitter or maybe some shield. I’m going back tomorrow there was also a front clip cut off with all the carbon splitter, rad, oil coolers and such.
Looked up the rad and they seem to go for $1500-$1700 as used pull offs.
View attachment 210536 View attachment 210537
That's pretty cool. Wish I had that access, I'd be grabbing the beat up hose and some panels for wall art, some in the garage, some in the media room

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
That's pretty cool. Wish I had that access, I'd be grabbing the beat up hose and some panels for wall art, some in the garage, some in the media room
I believe the front clip that’s in the dumpster now is from this crash.
Rad still has the oil cooler and a bunch of the carbon ducts on it! I’m going to ask it I can take it next time I go this week. Waiting on parts for on of their roll backs. Next I have to do DOT inspections on all 31 units of the Roush Fenway team. They usually give us a munch of merch when we go. Especially at the end of the season.
12AAFD86-38EB-4A0A-A92D-322A377E88B1.jpeg

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
No $$$ layout necessary. Just did some digging around and retrieved the brand-new outer rocker panel for the passenger's side of the Monte as well as the custom fabricated inner rocker panel that I made to match. They have both been sitting on top of the Caddy's hood for 10? years or so, awaiting the time when they can be put in as replacements for the stumps and lumps of the original parts. It will mean that I have to dismount the door again but it was never put there as a permanent install in the first place. I also managed to score new door lock assemblies. They need the correct tumblers to match my keys but for those there is a locksmith in town that I can get to do the fit up. I may need one of the lever/plates that attach the lock to the actuator rod but those are oriented for installation to a specific side so have to figure out the part number for the side that is crippled to get it right before I go looking again.

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I believe the front clip that’s in the dumpster now is from this crash.
Rad still has the oil cooler and a bunch of the carbon ducts on it! I’m going to ask it I can take it next time I go this week. Waiting on parts for on of their roll backs. Next I have to do DOT inspections on all 31 units of the Roush Fenway team. They usually give us a munch of merch when we go. Especially at the end of the season.
View attachment 210540
at least you don't have to beg... so you want 31 passed inspections?...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Finally pulled the trigger. Ordered Trango HD-2 kit, Converter, and some cooler fittings.
Now trying to decide what cooler to use for the 4l80e.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor