What did you do at work today?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Them Clyde boys running today were making good money, huh!
But Friday the AM shift were abandoned 660 in the dip before Climax & Chris didn't know until late afternoon. Was sitting with the wing in the mu with all four left drive tires in the air.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
But Friday the AM shift were abandoned 660 in the dip before Climax & Chris didn't know until late afternoon. Was sitting with the wing in the mu with all four left drive tires in the air.
Looked like 22 kept them busy on Friday. Did the semi in the afternoon hit other cars or just jackknife? Seen they had center lanes closed and a big excavator down there.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Blower Day today. Will need to hump my way out to the shops garden door and clear enough room to fire and back the blower out of its pocket and out onto the quarter deck.. Not absolutely vital but more snow and blowing snow for tomorrow so time to make some room for the new white crap that is coming. Meh. Also gets me back into the shop so I can do some more fab work on some fender brackets that have been giving me grief. Not a G project so no pics.

Nick

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Looked like 22 kept them busy on Friday. Did the semi in the afternoon hit other cars or just jackknife? Seen they had center lanes closed and a big excavator down there.
I didn't hear the details on what all happened on 22. 422 was keeping me busy with water creeping & chunking at the upper end of Five Pints Rd. They had Marion Center bring the grader down Saturday to clear it.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Let's see, shopping for groceries for the day and a guy clutches his chest and slumps.... go out to the rig, grab our stuff, wire him for sound, plumb in some fluids and meds, tune him up, on the way to carting him to the ambulance.... another customer points and asks "What about her?" a young lady is flat in her back at a check out lane with her feet up.... wire her up for sound, make sure everything checks out, she says it happens all the time, isn't gonna need our help.

Just another Monday, what were we going to have for lunch?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Let's see, shopping for groceries for the day and a guy clutches his chest and slumps.... go out to the rig, grab our stuff, wire him for sound, plumb in some fluids and meds, tune him up, on the way to carting him to the ambulance.... another customer points and asks "What about her?" a young lady is flat in her back at a check out lane with her feet up.... wire her up for sound, make sure everything checks out, she says it happens all the time, isn't gonna need our help.

Just another Monday, what were we going to have for lunch?

I wonder if she was related to Chris Farley?

chris-farley-da-bears.gif

• Haha

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yup that one... woke up when I wanted, some coffee with Bailey's in it... small stuff around the house today.

Work tomorrow tho.

suck my dick middle finger GIF

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So I was off by a day or two. Turned out that yesterday became blower day instead. Affer managing to hump all the white crap out of my driveway and performing the same courtesy for my buddy up the street, along comes the road plow and gives it all back to me. Took one appraising look at the amount of soggy white lumpy crap, looked a lot like porridge and about as cold, and went back up the stairs to get the mezzanine ramp sections and deploy them. I had already did a fuel up on the blower so it got yarded out of its hidey hole and out onto the quarter deck. Bumped the starter and it fired right off so away we went. Cleaned out the drive approach and then wandered down the block a door or two to see if another neighbour needed help; didn't so wandered back the other way to finish opening up a section of the sidewalk to foot traffic. When the sidewalk plow finally shows up it will likely be fitted with a snow blower attachment cause this last dump has bought the depth to where it can't be plowed.

Buddy across the street was laughing cause we got plowed; plow came back today and did his side :D. Made a point of making a stop at the service centre and scored some oil for an oil change on the blower. They had Briggs and Stratton semi-synthetic on the shelf so grabbed some quarts of that. Pulled the drain plug this PM and left the crank case to drain into the pan while I threw some weld at a pair of fender braces I am screwing with. Got them done and left them on the bench to cool while I finished the change. I don't store the blower out in the cold so it does fire off reasonably easy but no point to making the process harder than it needs to be.

Threw a file at the braces to knock off the largest lumps and bumps and called the day toast.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor