What did you do at work today?

Had to run to the owners friends place to get some big bolts since most places were closed today, quite the lineup
20230102_140555.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
"Give me Forty acres and I'll turn this rig around"..................... 7 axles and at least 5 under power while both the front ones do the steering; beast looks like it might be the real life version of something from the Tonka Toys catalogue back when they were made from real steel and could actually be played with.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Last night was fun dragging a full truck and trailer up the hill with a machine to get it out in the rain, snapped the drag hook on the back of the trailer doing so
20230105_102230.jpg 20230104_164506.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
20230105_165345.jpg
made a buck for the fenders we're making.We're grafting 37 Ford style headlights on to a 36 auburn replica,
really it changes the whole look of the car.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Not on vacation. Hopefully I can wrangle some time off in early June. Just sitting here on the bench, which has its good points; mainly that it keeps me away from being around the local hordes of the unwashed masses in all their contagious glory. "I try to stay away from humanity as much as possible; they're all sick". Plus it gets me out and into the shop to do some remedial welding on those straps. Actually got one completed and test fitted to the point where it is bolted up to the front end fender braces. Yeah, yeah, i know...................peek-tures???

Maybe, still have the bottom/back strap to work on, plus having to search for shorter bracing tubes because the factory ones are meant for a stock O/A length fender and this one came to me minus a few inches of body metal. Have a call out for a thoroughly trashed and bu**ered part of the same vintage and model so that I can use it as a donor and harvest the piece i need to recreate the correct curve and length. My luck that all the replies will be from vendors looking to lose an NOS, still in the box, totally pristine and genuine original part; for which I have absolutlely no use at all. So totally not in the business of hacking up cherry parts; they are too rare and valuable to me to introduce any such items to an engine of dissection in such a rude fashion as I typically employ.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor