What did you do to/with your chainsaw today

Nov 4, 2012
Certainly is interesting that an upfitter buys them, fits them with the firefighter hardware and resells them with their own sticker on the side. Its really just a Husqvarna 572XP with a couple extra bits. Stihl on the other hand, sells directly to the firefighter market.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That's exactly what it is, a Fire Fighter's model in their version.

I was a Fire Fighter for 9 years, active duty USAF and we had the Stihl 461 Rescue saw, then again the Air Force bought the best. I cut into 4 roofs with this one while on those calls.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That's exactly what it is, a Fire Fighter's model in their version.

I was a Fire Fighter for 9 years, active duty USAF and we had the Stihl 461 Rescue saw, then again the Air Force bought the best. I cut into 4 roofs with this one while on those calls.

So that's where it began? :unsure:

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Maybe, but that Stihl Saw had the depth gauge and a 20" bar on a 461 with a yellow 3/8" chain is over kill. Definitely punched a hole in a roof quite fast.

I imagine that eats a chain pretty good, one and done cutting open a car is it?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
So that's where it began? :unsure:
I grew up with saws, my dad was a logger.

I imagine that eats a chain pretty good, one and done cutting open a car is it?
You don't use a chainsaw to open a car..🤣

Hydraulic Rescue Tools.. jaws of life, shears, etc..

Chainsaw was for house fires, you cut the roof for ventilation.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Cool to know about the special Fire Fighter models. I sold my Jonsered Turbo 2145 and kept the Turbo 2149 since has carb issues, let old gas sit in it for years. The guy I sold the 2145 to has hot restart issues. My 2149, I threw STP and Gumout gas treatment in it with fresh 91 non ethanol, will start every so often to see if it is helping. I may have to pull the carb. These are only two strokes I have owned that were trouble free for many years. Only neglect and heavy duty use, cut Oak, Ash and Elm when they were ran, not doubt did them in.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
FB_IMG_1696110009217.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor