What did you do to/with your chainsaw today

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Nothing like some 2-Stroke exhaust.. if some are offended by that it's because the smell gets in their skinny jeans.

I tinkered with my MS391 in the pic above, starting it up would not fire and had fuel out of the muffler. Blew it out with the air compressor and cleaned it all up including the plug, troubleshooting it found the plug wire in the boot where the spring that goes around the end of the plug and hooks in the wire was pushed down into the boot not touching the plug. Put that in the proper place and was sure to fire that up at about 9pm in my garage with some Metallica playing on the garage speakers the whole time.

I almost bought a MS461, price was decent but the person would not message me back. It's one thing to where you try to sell things and people jack with you, but you'd think if people wanted money they would give you answers on stuff.

Society is fckn potato.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Nothing like some 2-Stroke exhaust.. if some are offended by that it's because the smell gets in their skinny jeans.

I tinkered with my MS391 in the pic above, starting it up would not fire and had fuel out of the muffler. Blew it out with the air compressor and cleaned it all up including the plug, troubleshooting it found the plug wire in the boot where the spring that goes around the end of the plug and hooks in the wire was pushed down into the boot not touching the plug. Put that in the proper place and was sure to fire that up at about 9pm in my garage with some Metallica playing on the garage speakers the whole time.

I almost bought a MS461, price was decent but the person would not message me back. It's one thing to where you try to sell things and people jack with you, but you'd think if people wanted money they would give you answers on stuff.

Society is fckn potato.
Most likely it sold and they were lazy to delete, or, it was joesregalproject posting to show a wife/sig other 'sure honey, I'm trying to sell some, see?'

I will say this though. For example, I don't even check email daily. When im.selling things there's people who expect responses within the hour they send it, and if they keep messaging over and over they often will start getting attitude the more messages that go by. In those cases I ignore them and I deal with someone else.

Not saying that was you or your expectation, but, there are people who don't get to every ad every day, or, they deal with responses in the order received and that takes time. And when people keep writing you don't want to delete something not picked up yet, but, you also don't have time to waste endlessly answering 100 emails a day 90% of which are tirekickers asking if it's available or what's bottom dollar without showing up.

Plenty of gripes with online selling, I wish we could go back to solely newspaper classifieds.

Now, everyone get off my lawn!

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I sent an email about it asking about the chain pitch, no message back and two days later it was marked as sold. So clearly there was some communication somewhere. I would have bought it if I got an answer, but things happen for a reason. I'll keep my money in hand, fortunately it's not a need right now.

And yea, trust me I know all about some tire kickers, why I word my messages as someone who is interested and wants specific info because I know what I'm looking for. I'll send a message and wait for the response. If I am selling something I will straight up delete messages if they are basic question crap, tells me that they don't know what they are looking for and aren't worth my time.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I sent an email about it asking about the chain pitch, no message back and two days later it was marked as sold. So clearly there was some communication somewhere. I would have bought it if I got an answer, but things happen for a reason. I'll keep my money in hand, fortunately it's not a need right now.

And yea, trust me I know all about some tire kickers, why I word my messages as someone who is interested and wants specific info because I know what I'm looking for. I'll send a message and wait for the response. If I am selling something I will straight up delete messages if they are basic question crap, tells me that they don't know what they are looking for and aren't worth my time.
To be honest, 95% maybe 99% of saw owners wouldn't even know what you meant by chain pitch, so, that's probably as likely reason as any you heard nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
To be honest, 95% maybe 99% of saw owners wouldn't even know what you meant by chain pitch, so, that's probably as likely reason as any you heard nothing.
The people who just move them to make money I'll agree with that, the ones who actually cut with them know what they have, so yea with that aspect you know who you are talking to asking that. I know what every one of my saws is because I use them and work on them.

Nov 4, 2012
I made my 261 louder a couple days ago.
20211022_190916.jpg
20211022_190527.jpg
20211022_191652.jpg

• Haha

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Creative
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well, I'm a little late to the game but here are mine. I also have a Husqvarna pole saw attachment for gas trimmer. Love the thing!

Old 55 Rancher and a 435. Course I managed a Husqvarna dealership for 9 years so that would make sense LOL I bought the 55 as a trade in, gave the guy $75 for it and it didn't need a thing to run, just a new bar, chain, and eventually a drive sprocket.
The 435 was a year old when a lady brought it in and said it wouldn't start. They ran straight gas thru it 🤣 Best part was they drained the gas tank, added fresh mixed gas and said they didn't. Oh yeah? Then why was the carb and fuel lines full of straight gas? They weren't happy when I wouldn't warranty it for them. One of my favorite phrases, stupid people pay. So they told me to throw it out. I ended up getting a jug and piston for it for $50 my cost, tossed it on, & been running great ever since.

20211025_190035.jpg

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor