What did you do to/with your chainsaw today

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Can this thread be retitled to

'yard equipment banned in the state of California'?

Because I has yard things that go vroom vroom but aren't used by the band Jakyl.
IMG_20211025_200353.jpg

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Can this thread be retitled to

'yard equipment banned in the state of California'?

Because I has yard things that go vroom vroom but aren't used by the band Jakyl.
View attachment 185982
Just shove that right under the front crossmember on the cutlass and you can clear the driveway in comfort. Color is even pretty close.

• Haha

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I know people here in Florida who wouldn't know what a snow blower is lol... I'm from upstate NY where there is currently snow.

It's 78 here and feels amazing.

Reactions: 1 user

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I have been using my battery powered chainsaw the last few days . i Don’t use my gas saw much to be honest most of the time I just use a reciprocating saw when I trim trees . But this battery powered saw is so easy to use that I’ll be using it all the time now . I did cut up some bigger stuff just to see how well it worked and it had no problems with anything I tried. It’s not going to cut firewood all day but it will clean up down branches and do some trimming. It’s definitely easier to use then gas . But it will never have that beautiful two stroke sound .

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well this died down..

I found a MS461 that seems to be in good shape, trying to get more info on it and hopefully it's the right info. I want one to tweak a little bit and see what it does, supposed to be rowdy with light mods.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Buddy came over and we tweaked his saw, got mine out and tested them out in a big piece of wood. First time running the MS362 after muffler mod and carb adjustment, cuts fast. The MS391 with a 25" bar pulled just as hard, not sure why people hate on that saw. Then again it's modded so that may be it, definitely a keeper.
The MS261 with a green chain ran fast too, not too bad for some good tools if I need them.

20211106_111259.jpg

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
ooooh , Can I post that I moved my Stihl MS170 (beginner) last weekend from my house in Toronto ( so many trees ) to my rental townhouse in Kitchener.....it has none.
But the next house will !!

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I don't have a chainsaw and really don't need one where I live in AZ however, in the early 2000's I was at a house in West Virginia installing a satellite dish and the customer had too many trees to get a line of sight. He told me to start putting up the dish and he'll take care of the trees. He emerged from his shed with about a six foot monster of a chain saw. Nothing you would find on any shelf at a chainsaw dealership. He proceeded to drop about a dozen trees it what seemed to be a couple of minutes and then another half dozen more to be sure he had a clear line of sight. Needless to say, his house was gonna stay warm that winter.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor