What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Dollar Tree on Metropolitan Ave 1.10 out the door!!!

226079.jpg
spent many days on metropolitan avenue...right around Graham ave

Got a call last night from a buddy asking if I had a chain.

Yes......

"Can you come and pull me out of the front lawn of Napa Auto parts?"

Apparently in the dark, he didn't notice where the pavement ends and the swampy turf started. He sunk his Nissan up to the rocker panels in mud by the time I got there.

My logging chain and homemade trailer hitch I have on the wagon saved him a tow bill.

He just "owes" me now.

After 3 years with no heat, I finally made it work again! Well, mostly. High doesn't work, but the other 3 speeds do. Weird.
New blower motor, resistor (old looked fine, but might as well replace it), new heater core awhile back, vacuum ball doohickey. I picked up some oil and filter, and also bought some much needed wipers. The driver's side works, but the f*ckin passenger side only makes contact on the ends of the blade. -_- Also, I have to bend the vacuum modulator line. It likes to slip off the modulator nub and make 3rd not happen.

OH! I also got two new front tires, and got em mounted, balanced, and new stems. I picked up a rim from a guy I know for 10 bucks, so I had my donut and bad rim on the front, while the other good rim and the new rim went to the tire shop. As I was driving home with the newly mounted wheels and tires in the trunk, I hit a f*ckin baby sized pothole and my donut exploded. I freaking hate Iowa roads. SO much. Every single time it gets below 32 degrees, the roads just start loosing big chunks. How the HELL is that happening? Where are they going? How the hell did a literal 3' x 2' x 4" hole just appear in the road overnight?! As I didn't have a handle for the factory jack, but I did have a pair of vice grips and 4 way.
Took 20 minutes to swap a new wheel on that side, and drove the rest of the way home avoiding all the baby sized holes in the road, and put the other tire on using my Harbor Freight jack.

902 miles on the engine, it still works!
Hey Mr Sony,
in that first pic, that white tube coming out that has the vacuum hose on it, where is that going? my white tube is just kinda sticking out there

It all went to poop when Loco Taco opened up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor