What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the short block together. Figured I'd put valve guide seals in, so I ordered them from Carquest. My man stayed late for the delivery. Come to find out, they're included in the Fel-Pro kit. Sumbich!
20180224_160947.jpg
20180224_160957.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Texas82GP
Nothing done to my Cutlass in several weeks 🙁! I was going to tinker with the LS in my shed, but we are experiencing EPIC rain and flooding here in Louisville (worst since 1997!!!!) The Ohio River is out of its banks, and likely won't recede until late next week.
Here are a couple pics I took yesterday. The houses on the river are pretty much underwater today which sucks!!!!
20180223_093445.jpg
20180223_093459.jpg
20180223_122459.jpg

After 3 years with no heat, I finally made it work again! Well, mostly. High doesn't work, but the other 3 speeds do. Weird.
New blower motor, resistor (old looked fine, but might as well replace it), new heater core awhile back, vacuum ball doohickey. I picked up some oil and filter, and also bought some much needed wipers. The driver's side works, but the f*ckin passenger side only makes contact on the ends of the blade. -_- Also, I have to bend the vacuum modulator line. It likes to slip off the modulator nub and make 3rd not happen.

OH! I also got two new front tires, and got em mounted, balanced, and new stems. I picked up a rim from a guy I know for 10 bucks, so I had my donut and bad rim on the front, while the other good rim and the new rim went to the tire shop. As I was driving home with the newly mounted wheels and tires in the trunk, I hit a f*ckin baby sized pothole and my donut exploded. I freaking hate Iowa roads. SO much. Every single time it gets below 32 degrees, the roads just start loosing big chunks. How the HELL is that happening? Where are they going? How the hell did a literal 3' x 2' x 4" hole just appear in the road overnight?! As I didn't have a handle for the factory jack, but I did have a pair of vice grips and 4 way.
Took 20 minutes to swap a new wheel on that side, and drove the rest of the way home avoiding all the baby sized holes in the road, and put the other tire on using my Harbor Freight jack.

902 miles on the engine, it still works!

Attachments

• heat.jpg
    heat.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 153
  • stuff4.jpg
    stuff4.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 144
  • welp.jpg
    welp.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 150
After 3 years with no heat, I finally made it work again! Well, mostly. High doesn't work, but the other 3 speeds do. Weird.
New blower motor, resistor (old looked fine, but might as well replace it), new heater core awhile back, vacuum ball doohickey. I picked up some oil and filter, and also bought some much needed wipers. The driver's side works, but the f*ckin passenger side only makes contact on the ends of the blade. -_- Also, I have to bend the vacuum modulator line. It likes to slip off the modulator nub and make 3rd not happen.

OH! I also got two new front tires, and got em mounted, balanced, and new stems. I picked up a rim from a guy I know for 10 bucks, so I had my donut and bad rim on the front, while the other good rim and the new rim went to the tire shop. As I was driving home with the newly mounted wheels and tires in the trunk, I hit a f*ckin baby sized pothole and my donut exploded. I freaking hate Iowa roads. SO much. Every single time it gets below 32 degrees, the roads just start loosing big chunks. How the HELL is that happening? Where are they going? How the hell did a literal 3' x 2' x 4" hole just appear in the road overnight?! As I didn't have a handle for the factory jack, but I did have a pair of vice grips and 4 way.
Took 20 minutes to swap a new wheel on that side, and drove the rest of the way home avoiding all the baby sized holes in the road, and put the other tire on using my Harbor Freight jack.

902 miles on the engine, it still works!
Iowa has been rated some of the best roads in the US. We spend more money on road repair than most states. Go drive in Missouri! Level B means no cars. I think maybe you need to get your eyes checked.

Iowa has been rated some of the best roads in the US. We spend more money on road repair than most states. Go drive in Missouri! Level B means no cars. I think maybe you need to get your eyes checked.
Come drive around east/south side des moines then. I'll give ya the tour. Granted they are quick about "fixing" the large holes. but they often re appear next time it's below freezing. And we spend more money on road repair because the roads are sh*t. Places like the hoity toity west side are perfect, but the east and south side of DSM are shitholes.

Last edited:
Come drive around east/south side des moines then. I'll give ya the tour. Granted they are quick about "fixing" the large holes. but they often re appear next time it's below freezing.
I drive there on occasions. The problem is, the amount of traffic on the roads in Des Moines. They can't hardly close a road long enough to rebuild it, so it gets patched. If you are taking about the roads around the fairgrounds, yah there sh*t! Not alot of money in those areas, if you know what I mean.

I drive there on occasions. The problem is, the amount of traffic on the roads in Des Moines. They can't hardly close a road long enough to rebuild it, so it gets patched. If you are taking about the roads around the fairgrounds, yah there sh*t! Not alot of money in those areas, if you know what I mean.
I know, I live here. For fun, one of these days you should drive around the south side near the DSM/Racoon River. Bring a large caliber weapon and at least two spare tires if you wanna make it out.
Edit: I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor