What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Started them both up. Was going to load the coupe to take for alignment, but weather is going to be rain/snow mid-week. Maybe week after.

Poor wagon seems to be telling me just how worn-out it is, filled the shop with blue smoke.

Had to charge battery on the 'hoe...seems leaving the trailer harness connected let the LED on the brake controller draw it down over the last month. I miss my F350!

Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
That's nice. I'm jealous of that. I have stock rods, stock crank std bore with cheap flat tops...

What's going on/in it for heads cam and intake?
I have a Lunati Voodoo 10120705 camshaft set a Chinese aluminum cylinder heads in a single plane intake

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
What myth is this in reference to

No myth, I grabbed the Shop vac from the trailer and it let me down hard. Was picking all the crap up off the floor and also found the headlight switch under the seat. Thing is junk and the original connector is nowhere to be found either.

PXL_20201227_235755225.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I have a Lunati Voodoo 10120705 camshaft set a Chinese aluminum cylinder heads in a single plane intake
Sounds sweet. I was putting together my engine for a Chevette but I lost interest and bought a Regal. If if started with a Gbody I would have built a different engine. I have iron vortec heads a comp xm270h cam and the cheapest intake I could find on the internet. Should be close to 350hp at the crank(fingers crossed) would have been a monster in the "vette"

Reactions: 2 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I installed the 84 buick hydroboost system today on my 78 g body. Only unplanned thing I had do was to change the steering box due to the difference s in the line fittings.
It went pretty easy for first time doing this swap. Works very well.
33E67AE3-8DC4-40FF-8568-530BE2F884C8.jpeg

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Sounds sweet. I was putting together my engine for a Chevette but I lost interest and bought a Regal. If if started with a Gbody I would have built a different engine. I have iron vortec heads a comp xm270h cam and the cheapest intake I could find on the internet. Should be close to 350hp at the crank(fingers crossed) would have been a monster in the "vette"
I have a similar 355 in my 87SS with a 270 comp flat tapped camshaft and it makes 318hp at the wheels it has EQ 180 heads you should make 350hp easily at the crankshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor