What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Started it before the "snowstorm". DSM gonna get 3" tops.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
i take back my previous statement

Reactions: 1 user

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
With the good news about the $600.00 Stimulus (depending on point of view) and a possible $1400.00 dollar ad on. Either way I am planning on buying this SBC 350 $900.00.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/394064081625448/

According to the seller he bought the car from an older guy who had the Engine rebuilt, driving it around alittle then after a few months the car caught fire (Likely an electrical issue) but the Engine runs great on the Stand. I plan to buy it some time next week and the seller has to come from Gillette Wy, a few hours drive to drop it off at the mechanic I designate. I will have to compensate for his time but I will make it worth his while. Better than spending money on a freight. Really I just needed the extra from the Stimulus to compensate. I do have the money for the Engine thus while I am getting the Stimulus Check I get paid from work at the same time. This is going to be awesome! :banana:.Oh! and then Tax Return. . Makes things even better as I will have to obtain a few extra's to have the Engine installed with a 229 V6 OHV that sits under the hood. I will however need a suggestion for Exhaust pipes, I've been looking around online and I am not finding much for the SBC 350. . .

20201123_121629(1).jpg
She's still awaiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
does your current engine run on a pump mounted to the right side of the engine?i can't tell by looking @the ad but make sure that engine has a provision for a mechanical fuel pump.some of the later ones don't have it.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
With the good news about the $600.00 Stimulus (depending on point of view) and a possible $1400.00 dollar ad on. Either way I am planning on buying this SBC 350 $900.00.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/394064081625448/

According to the seller he bought the car from an older guy who had the Engine rebuilt, driving it around alittle then after a few months the car caught fire (Likely an electrical issue) but the Engine runs great on the Stand. I plan to buy it some time next week and the seller has to come from Gillette Wy, a few hours drive to drop it off at the mechanic I designate. I will have to compensate for his time but I will make it worth his while. Better than spending money on a freight. Really I just needed the extra from the Stimulus to compensate. I do have the money for the Engine thus while I am getting the Stimulus Check I get paid from work at the same time. This is going to be awesome! :banana:.Oh! and then Tax Return. . Makes things even better as I will have to obtain a few extra's to have the Engine installed when a 229 V6 OHV sits under the hood. I will however need a suggestion for Exhaust pipes, I've been looking around online and I am not finding much for the SBC 350. . .

View attachment 165436
She's still awaiting.
I’m interested in buying the distributor and carburetor off the 229

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
does your current engine run on a pump mounted to the right side of the engine?i can't tell by looking @the ad but make sure that engine has a provision for a mechanical fuel pump.some of the later ones don't have it.
After all the hell I went through on the coupe, electric pump FTW!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I’m interested in buying the distributor and carburetor off the 229
Okay The Carb was rebuilt along with a new Choke. When I get things in motion I give you a holler. I will have to in the process let the Mechanic know that I will need these parts back too now that I am thinking about it. . . Anyway I will let you know as I am going along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor