What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Today I installed a set of these on the wagon wires to avoid a repeat of what I had to fix last week. I know they're ugly. But function over form comes first with this thing.

s-l640.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I wasn't thrilled with the plenum on my Holley LS intake with the lettering being black, it just didn't pop! So I sanded them down with 80 grit to remove the ceramic coating, then worked my way up to 400, then finally with a gray scuff pad to give the lettering a "brushed" look. Thanks to Donovan for steering me in this direction since I was going to paint the letters. I think it looks WAY better. Let me know what you guys think.

Before:
20180213_171518.jpg

After:
20180215_001801.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 13 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I wasn't thrilled with the plenum on my Holley LS intake with the lettering being black, it just didn't pop! So I sanded them down with 80 grit to remove the ceramic coating, then worked my way up to 400, then finally with a gray scuff pad to give the lettering a "brushed" look. Thanks to Donovan for steering me in this direction since I was going to paint the letters. I think it looks WAY better. Let me know what you guys think.

Before: View attachment 82676

After: View attachment 82677
I think what you did to it looks nice. What grinds me is, we can not hardly buy anything with out some damn logo on it. I think the manufacturers should give us the option for there logo or not or discount the part for free advertising ! If it was me I would sand the Holley right off and repaint the intake.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor