What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I pulled my big old ugly aluminum skiff out of my yard and into the driveway. I left it last year flipped upside down so I could strip the hull and repaint. I put a couple of coats of underwater metal primer on the below-the-waterline area last week. I slowly jacked it up enough to slide the trailer out from under it. Then I lowered it down onto a couple of 4x4's on cinder blocks. I wrapped a big chain around it and used swimming pool noodles on the chain to protect the paint. Then I swung my engine hoist into position and grabbed the chain so I could lift the side of the hull up about 4 feet. I propped that side up with cinder blocks and re-positioned the chain so I could flip the whole hull over. That was when a link slipped off the hook and the hull fell back onto the cinder blocks. After I went in and changed my shorts, I used screw-links to secure the chain and this time I got the hull to flip over right side up. I wedged wood chunks under the strakes so it would not wobble on the 4x4's. Then I jacked the hull up enough to slip the trailer back under it. I carefully lowered the boat onto the trailer and made sure it was settled in exactly where it should be. Then I cleaned up all the tools, blocks, and chunks and went inside for dinner with a BIG COLD BEER! WHEW! EDIT pic
IMG_0783_zpsc8el02ax.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I got the Red Headed sl*t fired up and ready for a good *ss whoopin'. Took her out and gave her what for. There is a puddle on the passenger floor mat that I thought was antifreeze, but nothing more came from the heaterbox. Got a fresh tank of 93; heading to the track Friday.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I put the anti- rattle springs back on the rear drum equalizer bars (there for a reason!), drained the trans fluid, changed the clutch fluid, investigated a sticky throttle, and put on the race tires. Weather looks like *ss for Friday, but I'll be ready.

Attachments

• 20180801_210746.jpg
    20180801_210746.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 325
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The left headlight on my Jeep was burnt out so I was going to replace it. The bulb is good, the power wire is dead. I thought about pulling the bumper cover and grill to see what is causung the dead wire but then I gave me head a shake and rethought that plan... it's just my Jeeep and I'm lazy so I spliced a wire from the good headlight to the bad headlight and got them both working.....:cool:

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The left headlight on my Jeep was burnt out so I was going to replace it. The bulb is good, the power wire is dead. I thought about pulling the bumper cover and grill to see what is causung the dead wire but then I gave me head a shake and rethought that plan... it's just my Jeeep and I'm lazy so I spliced a wire from the good headlight to the bad headlight and got them both working.....:cool:
Did you check the fuses?

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Did you check the fuses?

I did look and didn't see any fuses for the headlights......at least till now and looked it up, I missed the fuse panel in the lower instrument panel. #14 10 amp fuse, I'll be pissed if it is just the fuse and I went to all the extra work of splicing in that wire...

thank you

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor