What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

Yea that is a pain, part of the reason why I opted for a modern disc brake setup and why there's C5Z06 Brakes on the front of my SS. 🙂

I could knuckle swap up to the GMT800 stuff if I was more motivated. The right way (supposedly) is to nab the knuckles off of a 6 lug AWD Astro van and then the GMT800/900 stuff bolts right up. I forget if it keeps bump steer correct, or something something CV axle dust seals? But they're harder to find so of course they'd be better.

Low 60s here, nice driving weather. Was out for a little bit..

20240105_105515.jpg

Low 60s here, nice driving weather. Was out for a little bit..

View attachment 233221

We REALLY need to do something about this.

1000004655.jpg

Count how many turns until the front bottoms out, and give the rear that many to keep the rake. The rear will go much lower than the front of you don't count.

We REALLY need to do something about this.

View attachment 233223

Count how many turns until the front bottoms out, and give the rear that many to keep the rake. The rear will go much lower than the front of you don't count.
I already scrape leaving the driveway.. I'm good.

Agree on the Chinois mediocrity but if you can locate a vendor that sources them, Argentina makes both drums and rotors for the aftermarket. I have a pair of S-10 rear drums from them and I am going to have to shelve them only because no one in this cess-burg turns drums any more. They've lasted for over 10 years of commuter driving and gone through at least 2, possibly 3 sets of shoes and the associated guts. it is almost to the point where I may see if I can find a drum lathe and see if I can learn how to use it...

Nick

Did you find the Element3 to be a more aggressive pad or just a normal stock replacement unit so far?
I honestly hadn't driven it enough before installing them to make any real comparison. But they've worn evenly, they are quiet, and they don't make an overwhelming amount of dust. They've been on there for several years and there is no rust jacking, the friction material is still firmly bonded, and the shims aren't falling off. I have no complaints.

Reactions: Ugly1
Who's your supplier or vendor for the Element 3 pads and do they make a matching shoe?

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor