What did you do to your non-G body project today

Bonnewagon

Geezer
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My buddy with the 1980 TA had a bad master cylinder at his home in Holbrook. No one would do it [remember the trustworthy shops on LI thread?] . I said I would if he drove in to get me the 1.5 hours it takes on the LIE. I bench bled it for him down my basement, on my bench. He was in Queens here for work so he picked me up and we went. Once there it only took half an hour to swap masters, and I squirted brake fluid into the ends of the lines to flush out air. Once hooked up, I loosened the lines at the cylinder and had him press the brake pedal so I could bleed them at the fittings. After that he had a good hard pedal. No need to bleed the entire system. Then another 1.5 hour drive home. At least he had AC!

Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
10:00 just got home from the shop agine the heat is catching up with me but I made progress. The valves are adjusted and the lower and upper valve covers are on and torqued to spec. I changed the O-rings and brass seals on the injectors. I also mocked up the fuel rails and feed lines to the injectors the injectors are in but not torqued. I can't help thinking I'm forgetting to put something on before something else so nothing is tight yet. I'll go over it again tomorrow with a clear head. For now I made progress.
27553.jpeg
27554.jpeg

I took a lot of pictures on the way apart but it's been apart so long I really wish I took more.

Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ordered some 255/70R17 snow tires for Natasha's Colorado. 1 inch taller than stock. Yeah, I know... it's August. But, supply chain issues are driving this. Also got a set of spark-a-lators.

And bit the bullet on a super secret part for the HellKitty. Little known mod... but, I'll share when it arrives. ;)

Reactions: 4 users

Ugly1

G-Body Guru
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Ordered some 255/70R17 snow tires for Natasha's Colorado. 1 inch taller than stock. Yeah, I know... it's August. But, supply chain issues are driving this. Also got a set of spark-a-lators.

And bit the bullet on a super secret part for the HellKitty. Little known mod... but, I'll share when it arrives. ;)
Snow is closer to your area than some of us. So not such a crazy thing. And your right with that supply chain deal!

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
10:00 just got home from the shop agine the heat is catching up with me but I made progress. The valves are adjusted and the lower and upper valve covers are on and torqued to spec. I changed the O-rings and brass seals on the injectors. I also mocked up the fuel rails and feed lines to the injectors the injectors are in but not torqued. I can't help thinking I'm forgetting to put something on before something else so nothing is tight yet. I'll go over it again tomorrow with a clear head. For now I made progress. View attachment 204234 View attachment 204235
I took a lot of pictures on the way apart but it's been apart so long I really wish I took more.
Looking good, still can't get over how many parts are on there

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
10:00 just got home from the shop agine the heat is catching up with me but I made progress. The valves are adjusted and the lower and upper valve covers are on and torqued to spec. I changed the O-rings and brass seals on the injectors. I also mocked up the fuel rails and feed lines to the injectors the injectors are in but not torqued. I can't help thinking I'm forgetting to put something on before something else so nothing is tight yet. I'll go over it again tomorrow with a clear head. For now I made progress. View attachment 204234 View attachment 204235
Man, we're all pullin' for you. Hopefully you get the distributor stabbed right the first time and not 180* out :sneaky:.
tenor-1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018

does it involve 1.2 Gigawatts, a flux capacitor, or a Mr.Fusion?

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor