What did you do to your non-G body project today

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
At least it’s not a 4x4 one. The price for those parts are plenty high before, now you probably need a winning lottery ticket.
Luckily I don't think I need to buy anything for it. It's just a matter of putting it back together as far as I know. Hopefully it goes smoothly and I can get it running then do some cosmetic repairs before it gets to cold out.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
A Custom order of Colorado Customs Segundos comes with a twelve month lead time to delivery. I was actually thinking more along the line of Wheel Smith or Coker Tire as sources for those rims.

As for my breathing, I do and I don't. Too much damage from repeated bouts of Winter aggravated Bronchitis; heavy breathing tends to make me cough, good days and bad. Having to wear masks for Covid for two years didn't help and neither does the fumes and dust from welding and dressing down the welds. Periodically I yak up a whole lot of crud and crap and things settle down for a while.

Gave up running years ago. Only consequence to running that I could ever identify was that you died tired.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

G-Body Guru
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Luckily I don't think I need to buy anything for it. It's just a matter of putting it back together as far as I know. Hopefully it goes smoothly and I can get it running then do some cosmetic repairs before it gets to cold out.
Yah, that white stuff already got sprinkled on top of Mount Washington. So it’s coming way to soon.
If you ever want a old oddball tractor to rebuild my brother has one that they used on golf courses. Has a flathead Dodge motor and a big chrome W on the front.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Put new shoes on BigBlockShawty and Rufus Buck

20220925_180321.jpg

IMG_20220914_160541_976.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yah, that white stuff already got sprinkled on top of Mount Washington. So it’s coming way to soon.
If you ever want a old oddball tractor to rebuild my brother has one that they used on golf courses. Has a flathead Dodge motor and a big chrome W on the front.
No I'm good thanks. I plan to sell that old Ford and put a clutch in my John Deere

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Geezer
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I needed new rear springs on the GYP so I could tow a small Whaler without the rear dragging. Of course that turned into new muffler, tail pipe, hangers, brake line, and a few other things I'm not going to bother with right now. One spring came right off, one needed cutting off. All new bolts, bushings, and the axle is back in. Still need to hook up and adjust the hand brakes and bleed the brake fluid, drive shaft, and torque everything, but the worst part is over. I also welded an O2 sensor bung to the fill hole in the axle cover. That way I have a threaded fill port that will NOT leak like the crappy plastic fill plug. Filled with 75-140 synthetic gear oil for heavy duty and towing. IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0479.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Sure, unless that switch happens to be one of the items on the 'while I'm there" list of sh*t to fix.

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor