What did you do to your shop today?

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
It's nice to have a clean non-cluttered shop. Just close your eyes and throw stuff out. That is an antique compressor for sure.
I tried rebuilding my A/C twice ...... Either a bad Chinese pump (1) or I needed a 7.5 hp elec. mtr.(2) I ended up purchasing a new Quincy from N. Tools and plumbing the two together for 120 gal. Takes care of my 100 lb sand blaster easily. Good luck, John Zick.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
John, a very very, old friend has been trying to shanghai me down to the Florida Gulf Coast for many years now. Thing for me is that you have pay as you go Doctor, Dental, and Hospital Fees, which we do not have up here in the land of the Frozen Chosen. I concede that the bite comes in the form of higher taxes, but what i don't see on my pay check I do see when I walk into Emerg with my guts all knotted up and the first thing they don't do is enquire, "And how are you planning to pay for this?" Or charge me a grand or better for an ambulance ride.

He likes it down there. Me, I like it when I don't have to include a personal weapon in my list of things to remember to bring with. I also appreciate being able to speak North American English without having someone in my face about he thinks should be the language that I ought to speak.

Wisconsin, yeah it is cold in the winter, and the spring, and the late fall. But there is a lot of miles and miles where there is nothing but miles and miles. Pilgrim I have known and done business with for several decades just retired and bailed out the Miinne Metroplex for the peace and serenity of Northern Wisc. HE Likes it There, and so does his wife.

If I was about 45 years younger and far, far healthier than I am now, Florida would be attractive. I could spend my days in some rural area drinking coffee on the veranda and dealing death to the Alligators and Snakes that come a-trespassing. Cousin of mine used to enjoy that, being on the porch at daylight with a cup of coffee and a long gun, just waiting for something edible to come wandering by so he could end its misery and invite it in for supper as the guest of honor; baked, roasted, deep fried, stewed, or BBQ, with fresh veggies from the garden to go with.

Nick

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I wanted someplace to put my funnels so I used my old universal coolant overflow jug from my Monte and cut the top off and mounted it to my cabinet and then added a clear hose and shut off valve so I can drain it if I have to.
I was just going to throw the jug away since I was cleaning out the garage and I didn't have a use for it but found one as I was looking at it.

IMG_20240416_185331472.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Now that adaptor is SLICK. Where'd you find it?

Nick
I found some variations searching online.

Could get creative with threaded fittings a some hose. Piece of PVC reduced to a hose fitting, then a piece of hose to a container.

I have to look into that. I'm sure I have excess fittings around to re-purpose.

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Now that adaptor is SLICK. Where'd you find it?

Nick

It's a 3D print. A friend of mine designed it.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor