25225~2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Pulled the S-10 out and brought it around to the front; fired up the van and brought it around to the shop to go into winter storage. In beween took a broom to the floor and consolidated all the little piles into one bigger one. Managed to add more blobs of black goo to the psychedelic pattern on the floor; hey, it's a shop, not the Taj Mahal.

Laid out all the sections of tubing that I had cut and matched yesterday and proceeded to turn them into the basic frame for my differential dolly. The final width somehow ended up at 18-1/4", which works. Right now it is standing on end along the north wall until I can scare up some heavy square tube for the end plates and locate some wheels. I must have gotten my sums fairly close because, although I assembled the two sections independently of each other, they did slip together quite nicely during the trial final assembly. The two slip connections will be getting drilled for either bolts or quick pins as a way to avoid sudden auto disassembly syndrome.

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Installed the door from the garage to the furnace room. Don’t want to worry about pipes freezing while leaving the garage doors open in winter. Now just have to add trim for the “ make pretty”.
E02A6380-1B31-448D-96EB-8907E03E9354.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Have to ask, how well does the sign behind the TV work? Or is that why you’re hiding it behind the tv.
Works well. My wife is so disinterested in what goes on the garage haha. She likes the end results, but is not too involved in the means to get the to the extremes ;)

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Installed the door from the garage to the furnace room. Don’t want to worry about pipes freezing while leaving the garage doors open in winter. Now just have to add trim for the “ make pretty”. View attachment 208766
Does your furnace have fresh air available? If not you may need a vent on the door. Just an FYI

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Does your furnace have fresh air available? If not you may need a vent on the door. Just an FYI
Yah, it’s not that tight and there’s another door next to it for the furnace guy to get at the back so should be good. May still put one in when I replace sheet rock on the other wall to the room.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Yah, it’s not that tight and there’s another door next to it for the furnace guy to get at the back so should be good. May still put one in when I replace sheet rock on the other wall to the room.
Very good. Last thing you want is to starve it for oxygen. I've had nightmares from cleaning furnace/boilers that were so carbon-ed up. Like running your engine super rich.

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
As an extra note to my door installation. The light you see over it is a thing someone might like. It’s a hard wired motion sensor light “for a closet”. I use the garage as a pass through a lot. Gives plenty of light not to trip over things or take out a shin.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Shifted my project priority to replacing the work hutch for my Indian Project in the basement. Did some measuring and wrote up a bill of Materials for the new one and hit the Lumber yard yesterday. finished unloading the old one just after lunch today and now have an empty pocket for the new structure. This is all by way of pre-emptively upgrading this bench/hutch so it will accept the weight of the parts more easily. The original version, which had been in place for ???? was based on sawhorses from the local big box supply store but they were plastic!! and never really meant to hold that kind of load. Surprised really that they hadn't collapsed but the clock was ticking, even in a basement, U-V damage can occur and it would only have taken one inadvertent hit or knock to injure one of them. Did have one fail some time ago, the material just failed. No desire to repeat the exercise.

Tomorrow is saw deck day. Start cutting all the studs to length and assemble the feet. No woodscrews for this; 5/16ths capscrews, c/w locks and flats and 5/16ths Heavy Hex n/c nuts. If I get them done before the weather goes back to being soggy city then its progress.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor