What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, 6hr layover in Houston. Other than that it was a great trip. 82.5 paid hours over 7 days (including travel) should be another nice check.
El Salvador, at least the area where I stayed and worked, is very nice. The people are really friendly and, unlike some of the other countries I've been working in, they actually like Americans. Local food is simple but has excellent flavor -- not spicy like I expected. I'm up a belt notch from when I got there. The cars are mostly rebuilt wrecks just like most of the other places I've been. And the women...there are some absolute stunners in El Salvador. By and large the women take a lot of pride in appearance. I didn't see any Walmart sloppopotamus that seem to be all to common in the states.
I'd go back in a second if they decide to hold another event there.

Same anti-theft measures I observed.
20180921_132052.jpg
20180919_093115.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
...aaaand I'm back. Double header this time. 3 day event followed by a 5 day event. 101.5 flagged hours plus 25.5 travel hours. Pretty uneventful trip, overall. Only minor wrinkle was that we were working in a dirt field instead of a paved parking lot like we usually have. It rained the afternoon of the last day and got pretty soupy even under the big top.

Our crew replaced 634 inflators on Saturday with a total of 2800ish for the 8 days. I feel like I earned my money.

The Jamaican locals are really pretty cool, even though I have a tough time understanding them. They "technically" speak English there but depth of accents vary. When they speak Creole, all bets are off. The local techs we worked with were hilarious (but total hackers) and the girls running parts and doing paperwork were absolute sweeties.
They cater breakfast and lunch on site and this time more "American" food was requested. That was just a polite way of saying, less goat, please. I never thought I'd say this but, I'm really tired of bacon.

One more thing. Lace paint is alive and well in Jamaica.

Reactions: 2 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Certified as BMW car mechanic 30 yrs ago.
Worked as station manager vor a big car rental company for several years, switched into sales for a semiconductor company flying through Europe and the US for years. Ran my own 4x4 shop for 3 years, had serious problems with my Lunge, so now back in the office as project manager for an automotive company which specializes in drivers training for industrial test drivers. My is everything from running the fleet, playing the prototype test driver to manage our event facility. Part of my job and also my side gig is driving instructor for offroad vehicles from 4x4 cars up to 8x8 trucks. I am also project manager for our sportscar rental, having Porsches, Corvettes and the like in the fleet.
Also doing the IT stuff in the office, since I graduated as software developer 2 years ago.
In my free time I worked in a volounteer rescue squad for 20 years.

Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
And the women...there are some absolute stunners in El Salvador. By and large the women take a lot of pride in appearance. I didn't see any Walmart sloppopotamus that seem to be all to common in the states.
I'd go back in a second if they decide to hold another event there.

Walmart sloppopotamus common to the states ROTFL....Very true. Women from Latin American countries also know how to treat their men. Highly recommended especially if you've had it with materialistic gringas.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor