What does your El Camino Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice and i like the spread sheet, Mine never has more than 5 gal in it , so that helps me along with 9.5 " converter. Ill get mine weighed when i get motor put back in next weekend should be about another 30 lbs less after machine work for 30 over forged flat topps and went with a lighter stg1 ss valves.Mine is also scaled without exhaust well only about 2' of 3" pipe on each side when at track.Cant wait to fire up the 464 for the first time just hopin the starter has enough umph to crank over 13:1 comp ratio.

13:1 !
I hope your running meth. or some really good race gas. Have fun with that screamer!

2.5 gal 93 oct and 2.5 gal 108 oct lol

Factory hood? and I see you listed an electric fan. I'm still running a factory fan with a clutch. Just wondering have you ever used a clutch fan on your set-up? cuz , my motor wants to get over 200 on the highway and 185-190 on the back streets. I'm kinda worrying what the summer will bring. I may start a new thread else where , but meanwhile PM me what temps you run.
dedub said:
OK I did it! Finally got out to work and weighed the car. Here is what I got.

Total = 3440
Front = 2010
Rear = 1440

Year 1980
Engine 350 stroked to 385
Heads Dart aluminum
Exhaust headers
Intake aluminum
Water Pump iron
Rear End 8.5" Grand National
Transmission TH 350
interior Buckets
All A/C components are still in the engine compartment.
1/2 tank of gas!

You are now PM'ed. Check your inbox. If you think it's worth a thread Ill contribute. I spent countless hours over cooling this thing and learned ALOT!
nawlins-tim said:
Factory hood? and I see you listed an electric fan. I'm still running a factory fan with a clutch. Just wondering have you ever used a clutch fan on your set-up? cuz , my motor wants to get over 200 on the highway and 185-190 on the back streets. I'm kinda worrying what the summer will bring. I may start a new thread else where , but meanwhile PM me what temps you run.
dedub said:
OK I did it! Finally got out to work and weighed the car. Here is what I got.

Total = 3440
Front = 2010
Rear = 1440

Year 1980
Engine 350 stroked to 385
Heads Dart aluminum
Exhaust headers
Intake aluminum
Water Pump iron
Rear End 8.5" Grand National
Transmission TH 350
interior Buckets
All A/C components are still in the engine compartment.
1/2 tank of gas!

Assembly of the 464 for this year

wiseco flat tops and stg 1 valve set up pics
27034_1237293687607_1087172655_30588978_1369812_n.jpg

27034_1237295007640_1087172655_30588980_715127_n.jpg

Mine is 3340 with 4 gallons of fuel and me in it (240lbs). Iron heads, hooker long tubes, aluminum rpm air gap, 700r4 and aluminum 15x8's. I hope that helps.

Ok so a few years back I was trying to Reg. my elky and I was told it was considered a truck. I needed the gross weight and light weight. I call someone like 800 chevy or something ... well after about 9 transfers I was told by my vin my car was 3176 # light weight ... It is pretty stock still other than it has a 305 instead of the 267... wow hugh upgrade ... I dont get some people anyway thats is what an elky V8 power windows power locks no A\C 22 gallon tank ... should weight abouts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor