what gas do you use in your g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
With the carburetor I use the highest octane I can get, usually 91. I will never use ethanol in anything unless I grabbed the wrong nozzle by accident.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
the cheap sh*t...... but I'm a bad parent....

When I had my 425 in my '94 Chevy P/U I used premium... and the 3 Rochesters on top gobbled it up... when the 260 in my '80 comes out and the 425 goes in she won't see the "cheap sh*t" again... But that little 260 doesn't know the difference..

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
around here, the only station that does not have a ethanol mix (I believe they spec 10%) in their gas is Shell. Petro (used to be Sunnoco) has 94 octane, but it seems like they are using bad additives to get to 94.

I have also experimented with 87, 89, and 91, with booster additive, and it runs like crap.

The motor seems to like Shell 91, it burns cleaner and I get better mileage and performance. So until they open one near my house, it's a 15min trip evertime I need gas. :blam:

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Mine likes 93 from Sunoco, mixed with 2-3 gallons of turbo blue, but since the blue supplier went out of my area, I have no idea where to find it. Not that I could afford to run it everyday with that stuff, but it would be nice to let it have a mix once every couple months. So the Sunoco 93 is all it gets currently.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
gas is around $1.25/Ltr right now, it got up to $1.32/Ltr a couple weeks ago. Which means I was filling up Shell 91 at $1.52/Ltr (translates to $5.88/gal)
... cost me $100 to drive the car last week for 3 days to work... :blam:
... that's why it's been in the garage for a week now, while I recoop some $$$

about 4 years ago (when price was around $0.85/Ltr), there was a gas station that sold race gas, 104 octane, at $3.50/Ltr ($13.54/gal)... F**K me... I'd hate to see what he'd be charging these days
... I dunno where the locals are getting race gas these days around here.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
gas is expensive but like most my GP is paid for and the repairs are mostly inexpensive on these cars and most of us do our own repairs so if you take into account all the costs of driving a so called fuel efficient car I think most of us driving our G bodies are ahead of the game..

oh and Khan is you stop doing this it may cost you less to travel to work...but you'll have to get up earlier.. :mrgreen:

FilmStripSmall.jpg

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
pontiacgp said:
oh and Khan is you stop doing this it may cost you less to travel to work...but you'll have to get up earlier.. :mrgreen:
FilmStripSmall.jpg
lol, working in Stittsville blows... 44km from where I live...
lol, my frequency of burnouts has increased since the linelock went it... I'll try to lay off, but no promises...
... and traffic is another mystery I'll never understand. Takes me only 30mins in the morning to get to work, but almost an hour & half to get home...
... stupid frenchmen in Orleans causing accidents on the 174... can you blame a man for having a little fun once the traffic fades on the highway on the way home from work?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
khan0165 said:
pontiacgp said:
FilmStripSmall.jpg
lol, working in Stittsville blows... 44km from where I live...
lol, my frequency of burnouts has increased since the linelock went it... I'll try to lay off, but no promises...
... and traffic is another mystery I'll never understand. Takes me only 30mins in the morning to get to work, but almost an hour & half to get home...
... stupid frenchmen in Orleans causing accidents on the 174... can you blame a man for having a little fun once the traffic fades on the highway on the way home from work?

Can't blame ya at all.......I like to look at it as a stress relief, some people mash rubber balls to collect their thoughts, I mash the go pedal :lol: .

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Trying to find ethanol free stations around here is like trying to find the holy grail. No marinas around here. Perhaps one of the private airports would dispense the good stuff. I think there's at least one (Sunoco) station that dispenses race fuel.
That's alittle too pricey for my mild 9.1 cr small block.
So it looks like I'm in the same boat with many people, and have to resort to that ethanol garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor