What is everyone's favorite G body model and why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Reactions: 1 users

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
1. 1985 White 442 w/gray interior (wish they made one for 1987)
2. Blue 442 w/blue interior
3. Black 442 w/gray interior
4. Grand National
5. All other 84-87 442 combos
6. 83-84 Hurst Olds
Honorable mention- 4 spd manual Malibu

I really love white g bodies and blue/blue 442's and cutlasses. I wish the 85-87 442s had lightning rods. I only like the H/O because of the shifters. I have a 1984 H/O but not a fan of the colors. I don't care to much for the maple interior nor the gray/black and red. But it's one of the rarest Olds out there, however I would give it up for 1985 White 442 with lightning rod shifter.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Honestly: a wagon. Let's say Malibu wagon.
I of course love the coupes, but if they were still making wagons I would drive one year-round, winter road salt be damned.
I've got a soft spot for station wagons, and if I'm gonna have something big to drive then I might as well make efficient use of all that size with more cargo room! I could even just steal the good suspension goodies off the Regal...

2nd place: Choo Choo Customs El Camino SS.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
believe it or not, #1 is still a Grand Prix, even with all the problems with the Chief...
#2, Regal... got a love for Buicks for some reason, just don't know why, I was the first in the family to buy one....
#3 Cutlass... gotta be a console car though....
would take any of these in wagon form(for the pontiac, swap in Lemans or Bonnie for the GP)...

87 elcojoe

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2017
Since I own an elco, gotta say it's one of my favorites,dad had one as a shop truck for a while when I was a kid and I loved it. My first car was an 80 Malibu non Landau, loved it ! Would love to have another one ,then the wife and kids could all ride with me ,all four of us don't fit in the elco. Wouldn't mind a Malibu wagon either. So I guess for me, my favorite is the Malibu and it's off springs.

Reactions: 1 user

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
Depends on what im doing
ok cruising my 87 ss
go do hoodrat stuff w/ my friends: hurst olds 442
roll a liquor store: elky
I like the 1981 to 1986 Cutlasses.I especially like the 86's. I own three, two 442's and a Salon .I also have a 86 Grand Prix and a 87 Monte SS. I think all G bodies are great.Love the forum

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor