What Is The First Car You Were Obsessed With?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
66 Impala SS . Started with a 71Bronco, that my dad and I rebuilt, but I never truly appreciated (idiot kid), sold it for dirt. Bought a 63 Impala that was rust up to the door handles in high school, and loved that thing. Following year a shat ton of classics and pseudo classics showed up in the lot, so others must have thought that old POS was pretty cool too. Finished high school in a 79 cutlass cruiser my dad bought with a flat cam 305 in it and we swapped it out for a 350 TH350 combo. Back in the days of the 5.0 mustangs, and IROCs, that girl more than held her own. Wood grain and all. Lost my license with that car, and a "friend" wrapped it around a power pole a bit later that year. Probably still have that car otherwise. Slew of A, G, and B bodies after that including a 62 SS that was in even worse condition than the 63. 3 Supras and a VW. Still have a soft spot for all of them.

Reactions: 1 user

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
My mom says when I was about 3, I would point out cars and tell her what they were. From there, an uncle in the Bronx had a 69 Torino fastback, red with a white C-stripe. I would spend hours looking over that car. When we moved out to Long Island, our blue collar neighborhood was full of muscle. At about 6, I had a friend who's dad had a red 57 Chevy convertible with a white top. This was about 1975. When you're 6 the 1950's might as well have been 2 billion years ago. After that there was a 70 Hemi Charger around the corner and a few blocks away there was a 70 Hemi Cuda race car. When the owner brought that out in the spring and lit it off, I'd run over to his house to hear it up close. He was always cool and let us kids hang out. The car that cemented the need for speed came into the neighborhood about 1981. Walter Mancini's L78 69 SS396 Chevelle. Blue with a black interior, buckets, 4speed. White stripe down the side, ET mags, jacked up in the back with 50 series rubber. He didn't mind giving us neighborhood kids a thrill ride on occasion either. I later found out it had been his high school graduation gift and had been tweaked on by Motion Performance.

Reactions: 1 user

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
When I was growing up I always liked and obsessed about late 70's trans ams that were all black with the gold bird on the hood and also first gen vipers that were blue with white racing stripes. Then got older found late 30's cars interesting since my dad always had 30's mopars. Got into gbodys when I bought my elcamino from my dad when he was ready to get a newer truck. since getting older and having money to spend on cars I've grown into gbody and foxbody cars since I could never afford any kind of viper anytime soon.

Danseasyfix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
novas.jpg
NOVA...YOU KNOW THE YEAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor